Infuriated by automated phone menus?

Ride_or_Fish

Donating Member
Registered
Consumers seem to have lost their voice in the customer service world. Here's a little known web site with short cuts to help cut through the automated phone maze.

Gethuman

If you're like me, you've wanted to destroy lots of phones over the years!
soapbox.gif

I HATE menu systems. They talk SO SLOW and I tire of hearing:

"Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed" - I dont care I never knew what they were before
"You call is very important to us" - no kidding? That's why you spent 50K on a voice activated menu system

Just tell me the options, and speak normal speed and clear.... better yet, fire that dumb computer and give a human being a job. I rather a human transfer me to someone in 30 seconds than punch through 6 levels of menus for 3 minutes.

Anymore, I # or 0 out and start in on the person that answers telling them I have been disconnected twice and transferred around 5 times and need to find a HUMAN than can help me. But mom is figuring that story out and putting me back on hold anyway

menial tasks I guess. The automated system doesn't phone in sick,get pregnant and want a years pay,or get in motorcycle accidents.
wink.gif

Fewer and fewer automated systems have that "press 0" for human option any more thou.

I'll share a little secret with you thou...it has saved me hundreds of minutes over the years in phone time...

When the automated phone answering service says, "If you are calling from a rotary phone,please hold while we transfer you to a service representative."

I LOVE THAT,and thats what I do,wait about 15 seconds and get a real human.

Thats me, Mr.1964....
laugh.gif
and my rotary phone.
wink.gif

wink.gif

"If you would like a shinnier card, say Yes".......NO

"Please say your password"...bigboy..."Louder".......BIG BOY

The commercial cracks me up

Automated voice, "Please enter your account #."  You do.

Then you get a human and what's the first thing they ask for?   account #  
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141247165 -->

Back