information on seats and odometer

kinghomeboy

Registered
ok well here it goes, this weekend i am goin to go get my first bike an 02 suzuki sv650, only thing wrong w/ it is the seats are slightly damaged and need replacing, and the odometer sometimes does not work, besides that it is in great condition and looks great also, and now i am askin if any1 can give me some ideas as to what the price to have these replace are, and if possible where i can purchase them at

I'm sure you can find an SV forum, not that we can't help you here. SOmeone will post up some info...

any one?
any one?

Tried an Ebay search for seat covers? I know they have a lot of different skins for busa seats.

You could go with some custom seats from Tobin. Does the speedo work? I would check the connections to your speedo sensor or perhaps get another set of gauges.

Not sure what kinda damage the seat has but if just padding an leather damage, http://second-look.com/store/SUZUKI_SPORTBIKE_PAGE.html just order a cover foam padding work is easy an skin easy to install ur self. As for the odometer if its a digital display? http://www.bluegauges.com/index2.htm If the problem is the digital display on the cluster scott should be able to find an fix an he probably check it for u for nothing but shipping cost e-mail he answers all inquiries. Looks like second look is being taken over.
sad.gif

I would be careful on a bike with a malfunctioning odometer. How many miles can be proven? Might be MANY more than quoted.

svrider.com is a great sight, as far as the seat you can go to walmart and get either fake leather or go to "craft store" ask a chick she will know where one is and get some leather, little leather and a stapple gun and you can recover the seat yourself. Can't help on the odometer unless there is a sprocket change that is throwing it off. Good luck bud, don't forget to get all your gear and keep the rubber side down, I recomend a MSF course. I took it after three years of riding and it was well worth it.
beerchug.gif

svrider.com, like said is a great site. As for the seats, if you have a auto trim shop around, the could help.
As for the speedo, make sure the connector is plugged in completely, also, make sure there is no corrosion in the connector.

ok thanks every1 fr the feedback and good tips w/ the seats and speedo and i'll make sure that connector is connected fully cuz dude said thats wat might be wrong

Back