info on rotors and brakes please

BigBallin

Registered
i am goin to be purchasing new rotors and brakes here soon and wanted to know what pads have been proven to work the best.
and what do you think about this rotor for the rear?
6212_1.JPG

probably go new lines too. whats the difference in the two line and 3 line kits besides the obvious, the extra line. what is better?

My experience with green pads is that they sux in the rain.
I replaced mine with Carbon Lorraines, but other types of Galfers are prolly good.

2 line means 2 seperate lines for the front brakes vs. the cross over like stock. The 3rd line is the rear brake as well. If you do S/S lines....might as well do the clutch also so they all match, but not a must.

Any of the High Heat pads (EBC, Carbon Lorraines, or Versah) are great pads. As far as rotors go I prefer the stock ones.

probably go new lines too.

Big - if I can help you out, please let me know. Have done several colored line kits F/R/CL combos- they look really sharp! :thumbsup:

Platinum - looks like chrome

Blue
120922d1227322926-got-some-pics-galfer-brake-lines-colors-img_2912_blue_galfer_brake_lines.jpg

Black w/ gold ends - very cool! :bowdown:

Since the 08+ has black frame, done more of this lately- Black on Black on Black :thumbsup:

Galfer wave rotors are nice,not cheap though, had galfer super lite lines also,they were sweet and hh pads

be careful installing rotors,take your time and tighten bolts a little at a time and dont over tighten,easy to warp the rotors

front rotor.jpg

Yeah, they wont look that nice after a week of use lol.

I just found out that those rotors come in SS or chrome. I have the chrome one and thats what I was referring to in the quote above. If your going to buy them, buy the SS ones. Ill take some pics in the morning of my chrome ones if you still want them.

disregard my pm, after talking to you on the phone i will never buy anything from you.

To explain, the connection wasn't the greatest and I heard your name wrong, & you didn't correct me, then hung up on me.

Called back to apologize for getting your name wrong but oh well. No worries. Life goes on. :thumbsup:

i corrected you like twice and you kept talking about things way in left field and kept interrupting me as i was trying to tell you what i was looking for. And i didnt hang up on you i said well thanks but no thanks and said goodbye. Maybe in your bad connection you didnt hear that along with my name and what i was wanting.
so in the future so you dont lose another customer, let them talk and dont interrupt them and if you didnt catch or hear the name just say sir or ma'am.

Back