info on hooking up a shift light?

ham4864

Registered
where would i get some good info and a shift light.thinking about getting a tac with a shift light built in.

New ones have an adjustable shift lite built in.

They are JUNK. Hit up smithabusa(Boostbysmith). Greg is a VERRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY smart guy about that stuff and makes many different setups for many different year busa's.

Last edited:
I just got my BoostbySmith light in the other day. I paid $115 and had him make mine with an auto shift feature for when I get my air shifter. I haven't been able to install because the bike has been in a show all weekend, but should be able to do it this weekend. The instructions are very detailed, and Greg makes it pretty much plug and play.

Thats the way to go :cheerleader::cheerleader:
even if you live on the other side of the planet :thumbsup::bowdown:

Fits nice and is plug and play (mine with launch-light and clutch relais) and with the 4 Leds its bright even in the sun.
Did it like shown in Gregs manual , and was easy.

left pic whole install , middle where to pick signals , right to get +12V (kit is with plug)

Alles drinn.jpg

Signale.jpg

Stromversorgung gibts hier.jpg

a shift light and just a regular led are nothing the same. thats like saying a light bulb only needs 2 wires how do i wire it to my bike, there has to be a circuit that turns those leds or light bulb on based on engine rpm

I have BoostBySmith..the tube style shift light/launch light. LOVE IT. I also have cycleTek air shifter. THose two guys stuff works great together...plub and play. I add a toggle to the auto shift feature on the light so when on the street and that fatty gets loose it doesnt shift on me.
YEP......use the light as a launch light, just launch and hold the hell on. WHen the shift light comes on, it shifts the air shifter.....just let my feet hang untill about top 3rd...then put them on the pegs:laugh:

See my light in the top left under the screen.:beerchug:

DSC00840.jpg

Back