info on basic EFI mod's

Uncle Bob

Registered
To my understanding the most basic turbo kits are compensating for the added boost by changing the fuel pressure regulator, and putting check valves in the MAP reference line....is that it? If so, anyone know the company of the regulator? Part number?

Trying to research some options on doing simple turbo's on EFI bikes in general. Thanks

ain't got that far but a turbo is definately on my mind....figure 9k? Nothing like having the back tire spinning at 205 when the bike is actually going 195 in a 1/4 mile..............................Perhaps I Might have read the article wrong but I believe I read it over and over and over and over so inless thier lying I guess that what a stage 2/3 can do?

I will give you the part numbers of some good regs that are made in japan when I go to work on monday that go for around $270 aus dollors.
I have used them in turbo kits over 500+ph they look gr8 & are very small & have also used them on nissan GTR's that make over 1300hp..:;):

so am I right on my assumption though, that the reg and the check valve in the MAP sensor reference lines are the only mod's that are required?

Thanks for the link guys!  I may do a couple one-off turbo kits for some local bikers....just wanted to see how much money/effort was involved for EFI.  Carbs are quite easy to deal with, never tried modifying an EFI system before, although I am quite familiar stock EFI systems and diagnosing them....this is an area that I've never dived into before.

<!--EDIT|Uncle Bob
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099188327 -->

the only problem with using the mechanical fuel reg is that the high pressures (>100psi @ full boost) cause the internals of the reg to need replacement often. Personaly with all of the electronics out on the market I would never go old school (mechanical approach) to solve fuel issues. These bikes rev very fast and things can go wrong just a fast.

(want to see if this makes it over to the new board.. yea I kno it's a very old thread)
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back