info needed

aicwould

Registered
just was wondering those of you that are using the metzler M-3 what milage you are getting out of them, any compaints about them, and are they still worth looking at??

Thanks for the help,

gib

I've had a set on for a while. But I'm a bad tire reviewer. They stick and that's all I need. BUT.... here's what I've done with them

- 1 trip from Des Moines to Denver and back
- 3 track days [not ridden very hard due to weather]
- 1 trip to KC from DSM and back
- lots of crusiing around
- 70mph in a horrid down pore of rain for 50 miles never missing a beat
- has that nice, round, consistant MotoGP profile
- had them up to 170 a couple times, felt fine
- 4 hard runs on a drag strip

Still decent tread on it, but flat spot has begun. I don't bother trackign milage because I don't care. I just want them to stick reguardless of milage. If I remember, I'll see if I can look up the milage, and post a pick. I alter my tire PSI per usage: high for long trips, low for trackdays etc

Overall I'd recommend it as an ok tire.

I'm pretty happy with them. I put them on for my track day, and they did very well. Very sticky. Much better than stock, and predictable sliding.

As far as longevity, I've put over 2000 miles on them, and some fairly hard track miles to boot.

I really don't have enough miles on them to brag about the mileage, but I will say they stick great, and are a pleasure to ride on, compaired to the stock tires. Buy them, you won't be sorry..............Matt

sportec_m3_logo.png

Back