Inflatable splints for 250-300 mph riders?

Franklin

Registered
I'm wondering if existing leathers and armor could not be further improved by developing inflatable splints to go over a rider's shoulders, knees and elbows which would inflate in the event a rider becomes separated from the bike.

Sounds expensive...
rock.gif

Edit- Never mind. I didn't realize this post was for 250-300 mph riders. They're spendin' big $ anyway. I'm just a lowly street rider. Ignore my post.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080837553 -->

Ahhhh you are referring to the ED-BAB system

“Emergency Deployable Body Air Bagsâ€￾

Pretty cool system. You know how on Jet Skis you have a lanyard that is attach between you and the ski, and if you so happen to get thrown off, it pulls out from the jet ski and it kills the engine..

Same principal, however with this system you are connected to the motorcycle (or what ever you desire to be connected to) however it works in reverse. If you become separated by a specified distance (it is adjustable) the lanyard is pulled out from your riding gear which activates CO2 bottles which inflate basically an airbag around the rider.

The air bag encloses the entire torso from neck to waist, and the arms are enclosed from shoulder to wrist and the legs from right below the buttocks to the ankle.

There is a quick release mechanism that when you activate it, their air is quickly released from all chambers. That way the system stays inflated until you choose to deflate it.

Fricken awesome system!! Has saved a lot of people from serious injury…

Ahhhh you are referring to the  ED-BAB system

“Emergency Deployable Body Air Bagsâ€￾

Pretty cool system. You know how on Jet Skis you have a lanyard that is attach between you and the ski, and if you so happen to get thrown off, it pulls out from the jet ski and it kills the engine..

Same principal, however with this system you are connected to the motorcycle (or what ever you desire to be connected to) however it works in reverse. If you become separated by a specified distance (it is adjustable) the lanyard is pulled out from your riding gear which activates CO2 bottles which inflate basically an airbag around the rider.

The air bag encloses the entire torso from neck to waist, and the arms are enclosed from shoulder to wrist and the legs from  right below the buttocks to the ankle.

There is a quick release mechanism that when you activate it, their air is quickly released from all chambers. That way the system stays inflated until you choose to deflate it.

Fricken awesome system!! Has saved a lot of people from serious injury…
Nice April Fool's story there Thrasher.
wink.gif

Uhh what? who? moi?
crazy.gif
I'm serious!! really!!!! no kidding!!!!

April Fools? is it April?

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080862175 -->

banner_Ron.jpg

I actually remember seeing something like this... it was just like a vest though

Back