InfiniteReality's Gen3 Build

At least your help showed up, I see her jeep parked outside.

I had to make her park her stuff outside, definitely had to hype it up as she wasn't thrilled to not park inside anymore, lol. We made some chains with carabiners so she could "lock" them up.

This morning I got notification the Creality 3D scanner is thru customs in the states and due Wednesday. While it took months longer than they said, I could not have picked a better time for it to show up with this motorcycle assembly project finishing up. Excited to see if I can finish the digital speedometer and find other things to model.

This does not have the contour of the fairing, since I'm unsure placement if I use it, but may print it this in several sizes this weekend and play with location options. 8.6" x 0.0625"

Capture.JPG

I had to make her park her stuff outside, definitely had to hype it up as she wasn't thrilled to not park inside anymore, lol. We made some chains with carabiners so she could "lock" them up.

This morning I got notification the Creality 3D scanner is thru customs in the states and due Wednesday. While it took months longer than they said, I could not have picked a better time for it to show up with this motorcycle assembly project finishing up. Excited to see if I can finish the digital speedometer and find other things to model.

This does not have the contour of the fairing, since I'm unsure placement if I use it, but may print it this in several sizes this weekend and play with location options. 8.6" x 0.0625"

View attachment 1652397

Cool, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Had to share this... While reassembling the bike I found a few treasures, like my 13mm deep socket on top of the starter, exhaust spring and the brake pedal spring were in the very rear of the tail. I had already noticed the brake spring missing and figured it'd eventually show up, but ordered a used one couple weeks ago just in case, lol

It seems I have found everything, or at least all my sockets.

PXL_20220619_003742865.jpg

PXL_20220619_024007250.jpg

PXL_20220619_024017915.jpg

Love it or hate it..... 6 weeks later, the bike is officially fully reassembled. I will be able to make a little ride tomorrow, coincidentally on Father's Day.

Definitely not done yet, still some little things to finish. Top of that list is bleeding the rear caliper, installing the license plate (totally forgot to install), removing all decals to make new ones that will match the trim and ceramic coat the bike myself.

PXL_20220619_030119834~2.jpg

PXL_20220619_030458157~2.jpg

PXL_20220619_030358438~2.jpg

PXL_20220619_030253443~2.jpg

Thanks!

I'm definitely the minority here with the wide tire and some what with the stretch. I forgot to mention it's currently set around +5, but likely will get shortened in the future. Just didn't want to shorten the chain too much right off the bat.

Bottle is a filler for the gap in the arm, nothing more. Kinda embarrassing to say it's pointless, but like the wider tire I'm fond of it.

It's currently raining here, although admittingly I was struggling finding the motivation to get out to the shop or go for a short ride. Maybe this evening.

Random before and after

Before-After.jpg

Thanks!

I'm definitely the minority here with the wide tire and some what with the stretch. I forgot to mention it's currently set around +5, but likely will get shortened in the future. Just didn't want to shorten the chain too much right off the bat.

Bottle is a filler for the gap in the arm, nothing more. Kinda embarrassing to say it's pointless, but like the wider tire I'm fond of it.

It's currently raining here, although admittingly I was struggling finding the motivation to get out to the shop or go for a short ride. Maybe this evening.

Random before and after

View attachment 1652496
looks good brother!!

Decals gone. Adhesive is a SOB to get off, GooGone doesn't work very well although it's at least 7yrs old so may have gotten weak? Worse case it'll take some old fashion elbow grease.

The Suzuki on the tank cover comes off painfully slow, in pieces after sitting in the sun. Have to use the heat gun to hopefully help.

While I love the kanji, I don't really miss it by the same token. It's hard to gauge in pictures, but @Spudley was 100% correct.... No decals makes me think of a supercar, specifically an Aventador due to the girth and angular bodywork.

Made a 10 mile ride. Definitely need some adjustments for the shifter/brake and levers. One thing that happened that is odd is when I went to turn around using the clutch to downshift the shifter didn't feel like it wanted to go back to its resting position. I think it's just due to being adjusted too far down, so will adjust and see. Also on this very mild ride, when I returned I saw the rear tire does rub a bit. I adjusted the screw at the bottom to stiff, added some blue tape under the tail and will see effects next ride. Likely will need to pull the shock so I can tighten the collars on it. I tried with it installed, but it's a SOB to get the old MotionPro tool in there to adjust while installed.

Quick walk around video for kicks before I peeled the decals off.

PXL_20220620_001115330.jpg

PXL_20220620_004221188.jpg

PXL_20220620_001058647.jpg

PXL_20220620_001123030.jpg

Adhesive is a SOB to get off, GooGone doesn't work very well although it's at least 7yrs old so may have gotten weak? Worse case it'll take some old fashion elbow grease.

Can confirm. Brand new googone doesn't work either. Whatever adhesive they used is impressive.

Bike looks great!

Likely will need to pull the shock so I can tighten the collars on it. I tried with it installed, but it's a SOB to get the old MotionPro tool in there to adjust while installed.

Are you using the pin spanner? If so try a blow hammer or a small sledge with a brass punch (MP makes the "Spanner Punch".) If you tried this already, please ignore.

Can confirm. Brand new googone doesn't work either. Whatever adhesive they used is impressive.

Bike looks great!
Thanks! Glad to hear it isn't me. I don't feel the adhesive isn't special, but it sure feels like it, lol. I think just GooGone sucks, it's never lived up to my expectations other than making Plasti-Dip easier to get off by soaking and using a pressure washer on wheels. I found a "concentrated" version so will see how that works.

Are you using the pin spanner? If so try a blow hammer or a small sledge with a brass punch (MP makes the "Spanner Punch".) If you tried this already, please ignore.

Spanner wrench, that is the term that skipped me the other night! I didn't think of the brass punch and blow hammer, unsure if I have a brass one but do have a steel punch. Also not opposed to using a flathead. Thanks for the tip!

Decals gone. Adhesive is a SOB to get off, GooGone doesn't work very well although it's at least 7yrs old so may have gotten weak? Worse case it'll take some old fashion elbow grease.

The Suzuki on the tank cover comes off painfully slow, in pieces after sitting in the sun. Have to use the heat gun to hopefully help.

While I love the kanji, I don't really miss it by the same token. It's hard to gauge in pictures, but @Spudley was 100% correct.... No decals makes me think of a supercar, specifically an Aventador due to the girth and angular bodywork.

Made a 10 mile ride. Definitely need some adjustments for the shifter/brake and levers. One thing that happened that is odd is when I went to turn around using the clutch to downshift the shifter didn't feel like it wanted to go back to its resting position. I think it's just due to being adjusted too far down, so will adjust and see. Also on this very mild ride, when I returned I saw the rear tire does rub a bit. I adjusted the screw at the bottom to stiff, added some blue tape under the tail and will see effects next ride. Likely will need to pull the shock so I can tighten the collars on it. I tried with it installed, but it's a SOB to get the old MotionPro tool in there to adjust while installed.

Quick walk around video for kicks before I peeled the decals off.

View attachment 1652511

View attachment 1652512

View attachment 1652513

View attachment 1652514
Great work and bike looks amazing! To adjust the shock, if you have room, you can grab the spring itself and turn it and the collar should turn with it.

Working with Spudley on these so I take no credit for this idea... But I'll be damned if he wasn't 100% on point. Now that I've seen my own bike without decals, I can't unsee it. Never expected I'd not want the kanji on the sides, but I really dig the clean look.

I cut out lengths 6" to 11", applied to clear vinyl so would be easier to remove. I won't admit to how much trial and error it took to find a spot I'm happy with from all angles. I left and came back out to the shop half a dozen times to clear my eyes, lol. I'll come back again tomorrow and revisit.

I know it's not perfectly straight. I tried to maintain the position when removing half the backing at a time and got off kilter, but this was just more/less proof of concept for actual emblems and location. That being said, I'm unsure at this point if I'm going to be able to emblems to follow the contour of the fairing. Time will tell, worse case I'll be more than happy with titanium color vinyl decals.

Out of the sizes I tried, the one I preferred is actually the same size as the tail lettering.

PXL_20220621_212828114.jpg

PXL_20220621_230736258.jpg

PXL_20220622_015456744.jpg

PXL_20220622_015501987.jpg

PXL_20220622_021218679.jpg

Working with Spudley on these so I take no credit for this idea... But I'll be damned if he wasn't 100% on point. Now that I've seen my own bike without decals, I can't unsee it. Never expected I'd not want the kanji on the sides, but I really dig the clean look.

I cut out lengths 6" to 11", applied to clear vinyl so would be easier to remove. I won't admit to how much trial and error it took to find a spot I'm happy with from all angles. I left and came back out to the shop half a dozen times to clear my eyes, lol. I'll come back again tomorrow and revisit.

I know it's not perfectly straight. I tried to maintain the position when removing half the backing at a time and got off kilter, but this was just more/less proof of concept for actual emblems and location. That being said, I'm unsure at this point if I'm going to be able to emblems to follow the contour of the fairing. Time will tell, worse case I'll be more than happy with titanium color vinyl decals.

Out of the sizes I tried, the one I preferred is actually the same size as the tail lettering.

View attachment 1652624

View attachment 1652625

View attachment 1652626

View attachment 1652627

View attachment 1652629

Oh yes. Very much yes.
I like it alot.
So clean

View attachment 1652624

View attachment 1652625

View attachment 1652626

View attachment 1652627

View attachment 1652629
Have you considered the lettering in a green to tie into the rims?

Back