Increased Vibes after Yoshimura Slip On & Fender Eliminator Kit

Bandit21

Registered
I love the look and sound of my B King with the Yoshi cans and fender eliminator kit, but I've picked up a vibe load after the install. I have gone over the whole process X 2 but can find nothing out of place, out of alignment, or incorrectly torqued. I did not remap the bike's EFI or install an aftermarket fuel controller since the bike runs great as is except for the buzziness in the bars and pegs.

Any ideas as to what else I can troubleshoot?

Do you find that the vibrations get worse of better at different RPMs? If the vibrations start off light and become greater as you increase RPMs you may not be able to do much to mitagate the problem. This is simple a function of the increased sound energy being transfered to the frame. Its hard to isolate this type of vibration. However, if the the vibrations are bad at different RPMs then wane in other RPM ranges you may have sympathic harmonic vibrations (like guitar strings tuned to the same pitch - pluck one and the other starts vibrating) which I've "heard" can be mitagated by trying various rubber washers and/or o-rings at the different attachment points. This is at best a hit and miss type of fix. I don't know much about this but I know riding a buzzing bike is at best annoying and at worst can numb the hands and feet! Good luck...

Also, If you haven't already done so try droppong an e-mail with the manufacturer perhaps they can give you some help.

Found the major culprit for the bar vibes - it wasn't the Yoshi cans - it was the Oberon bar end mirrors. At the same time I installed the yoshi's, I put on bar end mirrors. On a hunch, I removed the mirror from the buzzy left grip and replaced the OEM bar end weight. Buzz was gone. The insert that comes with the bar end mirrors does not have the rubber bushings or heft of the stock weight and therefore doesn't dampen out the vibes as well. After playing with the bits and pieces it looks like I can keep the mirrors by getting a longer allen bolt and threading it through the Oberon cap and into the original end weight.

There is still some increase in vibration playing about the foot pegs, but they come and go through the rpm range and I believe are harmonic in nature. In any case they are not significant.

It sure felt good to rev the King up and not feel my left hand buzzing. I was even thinking that I might have to put the stock cans back on. WHEW!

Once again, it's good to B KING. :thumbsup:

Good news... Actually, I think I recall others having similar problems with oberon bar end mirrors on this web site.

B

I'm about to install a CRG lane splitter bar end on my King within the next week. I figured there was going to be some vibes so I searched high and low for weighted bar ends that would allow the CRG mirror to clip on. Found a set through the Rhinomoto website that are stainless steel and made for the CRG mirrors. I'll let you guys know how it pans out after the install.

The bars buzz enough with the Two Brothers exhaust, def can't handle any more!

Back