InBev to buy Anheuser-Busch for $52B

I saw that on the news today.. I work in a bar that has bud and bud light on tap.. I am intersted to see if coors starts to out sell it.

I don't drink at all, and when I did, I didn't drink Budwieser. However, this is an American product that I feel should have remained 100% American. It's sad what people will sell out for today.

Just wait till this gets out to the masses.... This is going to end up in "Marketing" books as a "FAIL"

That 52B investment is going to take a beating... (I hope)

Suppose they can take their Clydesdale's and ride them across the big pond....

Eh...the Belgians are better at it than the Americans anyway. In a perfect world the acquisition might make an awful (but at least consistently awful) product a little better. But I doubt the beer is going to get any more or less drinkable.

InBev learned their lesson with what happened in Hoegaarden, they're not going to make any huge changes to the breweries or the product. Budweiser will not be any different from the adjunct laden mega pils it's been since Adolphus Busch decided it would be a fantastic idea to make beer out of rice.

Eh...the Belgians are better at it than the Americans anyway. In a perfect world the acquisition might make an awful (but at least consistently awful) product a little better. But I doubt the beer is going to get any more or less drinkable.

InBev learned their lesson with what happened in Hoegaarden, they're not going to make any huge changes to the breweries or the product. Budweiser will not be any different from the adjunct laden mega pils it's been since Adolphus Busch decided it would be a fantastic idea to make beer out of rice.
I'm with you! Budweiser... Yuck!!!

Thanks also goes out to the Down in the Dumps US Dollar...

Jules and I went up visit her parents in St.Louis in the first part of june and we were hearing talks about it then, We even went to the Budwieser tour up there since her dad said we better go since he had never been and if they sell no telling what would happen. I thought that was funny but it was true. Just an excuse for me to drink more HOOCH
banana.gif
i know thats american made
cheerleader.gif

Dont worry guys, after Inbev buys Budwieser, Wal-Mart will buy them out. How do get some hooch Doc?

Well, I can say the St Louisans are not happy.  But as far as we know right now, it will remain in America, which means Americans will still be making bud.  If you drink bud, keep drinking it.  Your still helping out your fellow Americans.  
ThumbsUp.gif
 Who knows what will happen to all the other things that Busch is famous for, ie http://www.grantsfarm.com/
wowold.gif

Not a happy time in St Louie.
boohoo.gif

It' a global economy.
beerchug.gif
: I like beers from Germany, Canada, and Mexico
smile.gif
My favorite forzen concoction has tequila in it...wonder where that comes from
whistling.gif

some interesting points made and I agree with most. It doesn't matter if you drink beer or don't drink beer or if you are a beer drinker if you drink AB products. What it all boils down to is that all of the profits will now be going elsewhere. No more reinvesting those profits into other American industries. This in turn just weakens the US Dollar even more in the long run. America has sold its soul for a quick buck. We all know big business runs the country and their are few of those big businesses that are still American owned. What's sad is that most of the people have been duped into believing this isn't a bad thing.

2 words..Coors Light
beerchug.gif
Coors sold out several years ago, they are foreign owned as well. Sold to the Canadians I believe.

Miller sold out as well, if I remember correctly bought by firm in South Africa.

Coors and Miller just recently merged at the beginning of July but I didn't get all the details.

That is sad news indeed. Anheuser-Busch was a very pro military company... always supporting the troops... wonder what will happen with that

Bogus Home Brew....100% American made... This beer tastes so bad that you will be telling the entire world how patriotic you are just by drinking it....

Woohoo!! Now for those of you who want an American Brew that actually tastes pretty good..."Warbird" has a couple decent brews and the owner lives here in FT Wayne... Sold everything he had to start the brewery and he is doing a good job..

Back