Inaugural Busa Stampede (My Thoughts at the 30-day Ramp)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Well, here we are...just a month until the Official Kick-Off of the Inaugural Busa Stampede.

In the amount of time that has elapsed since it's inception (August, 2008), an inordinate amount of work has been put in, a great number of relationships have been formed, way-outside-the-box ideas and fantastic new products have matured and materialized. As I stand and look at all that has been accomplished, I'm at the same time amazed yet critical; proud, yet humble.

Still, work remains to be done, and I'm doing it...

To everyone who has along the way helped me make something of this... I will for your part call you out publicly by name during the announcements at the Stampede Banquet. You have my eternal gratitude.

To those (attending or not) who have been sounding boards for me when I was frustrated and/or impatient, I thank you, as well.

To those who have survived the perpetual flow of information and unending chest-beatings of a program which was busy building its engine, well, I'm glad you endured, yet without your belief and continued excitement in and for this 'infant,' the effort would have been in vain.

...and to those who cannot attend, we will miss you; but I'm already working on the 2010 Stampede plans, and maybe you can join us then...

So, stand back...I'm about to turn the key on this puppy and see how she runs...put 'er on the dyno and see what kind of HP she lays out. :laugh:

To my 'busa sisters and brothers, the elders and the youngsters, the seasoned and the green, knee-draggers and sight-seers...remember this: With each others' support and the vision and belief in a common goal...together, seriously, we can do anything.

And lastly, never underestimate what each of you, yourselves, properly energized, can achieve.

:love:

Scar

Busa Stampede V4.jpg

I am so excited right now i can hardly contain myself.... Hearing the Captain is coming..and his friend. Ol Jimbo has been telling about them coming early to do some pre rides on the choosen routes. And i am on Vaca...woohoo. Thanks Scar.. this will an EPIC meet. Also you guy's may want to take an alternate ride with us [pre Stampede] From Carson City to 395 South to Lee Vining and ride Hy140 East to Benton.... and an Awsome back road to Mamouth Lakes and 395 North to Carson. One of our Fav's. You won't be dissapointed.... Pacemaster will use his built in Radar detector.... don't ask, too keep us safe.

Last edited:
I am VERY excited. I've used the Stampede as justification for all kinds of bike related purchases! A two day ride down hitting some incredible roads, then the stampede, the rides, dinner out, a little gaming, hopefully some time by the pool and good friends.
I can't wait!!!!!!!! :: :thumbsup: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Should make for great times. I'm very excited to attend and meet many members. see ya'll there:beerchug:

There you go!:beerchug::thumbsup:
Wish I could attend. I will be thinking of you all and hope you will keep us posted daily on the progress and lots of pics for us guys that can't be there.

Bubba

GENTLEMEN.................START YOUR ENGINES!! :beerchug:

The clouds have parted, the forecast calls for gentle winds, sunny skies and low 90s temperature for the next several days....................hoping it'll be a carry over one month from now!
Well, gotta go gear up, meeting Pacemaster for a spirited sprint up the Virginia City truck route this morning.................wishing you guys/gals were here already!! :beerchug:

We need an updated picture like this one but bigger....mo betta!

sm_KillboyShot_Busas.jpg

I am so excited right now i can hardly contain myself.... Hearing the Captain is coming..and his friend. Ol Jimbo has been telling about them coming early to do some pre rides on the choosen routes. And i am on Vaca...woohoo. Thanks Scar.. this will an EPIC meet. Also you guy's may want to take an alternate ride with us [pre Stampede] From Carson City to 395 South to Lee Vining and ride Hy140 East to Benton.... and an Awsome back road to Mamouth Lakes and 395 North to Carson. One of our Fav's. You won't be dissapointed.... Pacemaster will use his built in Radar detector.... don't ask, too keep us safe.

I'll be arriving Tuesday night...will look forward to some day rides; gotta get familiar with the roads, yo!

I'm going to ask about the built-in radar detector when I get there, so please have an acceptable answer ready. :laugh:

:beerchug:

See you Wednesday, I bet!

1. VC rest stop.................Reno is 24 miles that way!
2. Wake up Pacemaster! Look alive lad!
3. Ain't they purrdy!
4. The Silver Bullet and friends (06 R1 and 09 Triumph Speed Triple).
5. Incline Village, North Lake Tahoe.
6. Would you please step aside young lady! You're blocking the view! :laugh:

100_3231.jpg

100_3229.jpg

100_3234.jpg

100_3237.jpg

100_3238.jpg

100_3240.jpg

Back