In Washington D.C. last night

Every time I go through an airport and see our service men and women at a restaurant, I take care of their meal. We should all do that.
That's a great thing to do
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Thanks for sharing the WWII memorial was just a hole in the ground the last time I was in Washington. It has turned out beautifully
beerchug.gif

The wall is a very emotional place for me. I was never on land in Viet Nam, but I did spend time on an aircraft carrier (Enterprise) in the Tonkin Gulf. Several of my high school friends went to Viet Nam and one did not return. His name is Benny Moncus and it is on the wall.
bowdown.gif

Thanks for sharing the WWII memorial was just a hole in the ground the last time I was in Washington. It has turned out beautifully
beerchug.gif

The wall is a very emotional place for me. I was never on land in Viet Nam, but I did spend time on an aircraft carrier (Enterprise) in the Tonkin Gulf. Several of my high school friends went to Viet Nam and one did not return. His name is Benny Moncus and it is on the wall.
bowdown.gif
My Dad said there's a place to see and do "virtual rubbings" of the names on the Wall...I have yet to check it out...

Mike and I were watching a show on the Vietnam Wall on the Smithsonian channel a few weekends ago; I had to get up and leave...it's very emotional to hear the stories, and I guess because it occurred closer to my generation's time, I know more about it, especially from my father. He knew the draft was coming so he signed up for the Air Force. His father hated that he'd signed up at all, so when he left, he didn't necessarily have the backing of his family
sad.gif

He did lose two close friends while there, and I was born on his birthday while he was in that God-forsaken place...I often think about how I might be telling the story of the Dad I didn't know, but I was born on his birthday...I'm just thankful he did come home, and hate that many Americans spit on him and his fellow troops as they got off the plane...

I had two uncles that were Marines in Vietnam, and one was never the same after he came home...both passed away in recent years, taking what they experienced in Vietnam with them to their graves.

Sorry to go on, it's just an emotional thing and as humbling as it was to walk that WWII memorial, I just know it's going to be tough to hit the Vietnam wall
sad.gif
sad.gif
I want so much to pay my respects, but it's truly emotional...

sad.gif

sad.gif

sweet good looking out VaBS i was there after my 8th grade year we found one of my freinds uncles on the wall but yeah great place to go

hey pearl harbor is my bday

I went to DC last year with my son on a school field trip... The first stop for the class was Arlington and I started crying before the bus even pulled into the cemetery.

I can't describe the emotions I felt that day...

Ian_DC_2007_015.jpg

heck I cry at the National Anthem so DC would kill me... very overwhelming!

I go there every year since it`s less than an hour away, have relatives on the WW2 and Vietnam walls. Ya DC is a nice place just don`t make the wrong turn because you can go from the Whitehouse to a bad place in a few blocks.

Awesome pics, To all of the Men & Women who have served our great country, THANK YOU !!!
ThumbsUp.gif

Its quite a site to behold... Was there a few years ago. Worth all the walking for sure
bowdown.gif

Back