In theory I now have a Busa

Dougyp333

Registered
So I reached a tentative agreement to buy my first Busa. Lots of details to arrange like payment and shipping but with any luck I will have the bike in my possession in the next couple, three weeks. Below is a link to the add on cycle trader. I got a shipping quote from 2 places and it's not going to be too painful, around 600. Also checked with my insurance guy and coverage is only going to cost me 150 a year, less if I go with liability only. I have to admit, I have a big ol' grin on my face right now.
Doug

Link no longer works

So I reached a tentative agreement to buy my first Busa. Lots of details to arrange like payment and shipping but with any luck I will have the bike in my possession in the next couple, three weeks. Below is a link to the add on cycle trader. I got a shipping quote from 2 places and it's not going to be too painful, around 600. Also checked with my insurance guy and coverage is only going to cost me 150 a year, less if I go with liability only. I have to admit, I have a big ol' grin on my face right now.
Doug

Link no longer works
Congrats, def looks like a sound investment as we stated previously. Cant wait for you to get it.

Why not go get it yourself in a pickup?

Time, distance, and weather mostly weather. It's 1200 miles from me and it is currently 27 and snowing outside my window. I'm not shy about riding in cold weather but in this case I will have it dropped off. Now at a different time of year I'd be all over that road trip.
Doug

Make sure the radiator fluid is either drained all the way or good to the proper cold temps! Trust me i know from experience !!! I bought a bike from Salt Lake City down in valley. It was Jan Feb. Guess it doesnt get as cold there as here in iowa. I hauled it back through the mountains. The radiator froze, heads froze and cracked, water pump cracked as well. Was a complete waste of 4k. I had to replace motor, radiator, etc.

Make sure the radiator fluid is either drained all the way or good to the proper cold temps! Trust me i know from experience !!! I bought a bike from Salt Lake City down in valley. It was Jan Feb. Guess it doesnt get as cold there as here in iowa. I hauled it back through the mountains. The radiator froze, heads froze and cracked, water pump cracked as well. Was a complete waste of 4k. I had to replace motor, radiator, etc.

Thanks Viper,
I would have never even considered that.
Doug

The deal is done.:super:
The bike is now mine and in storage in Arizona. I will have it shipped up to me after Christmas. Shipping is a big enough hassle without adding the holidays into the mix. The guy I purchased it from dropped it off at a relatives house and he is going to store it for me for a while. I should have some more pics in a couple of days. We all know without pics it didn't happen.

$150 a year???? I pay $150 a month for full coverage on mine. My gsx-r and gs1000 together cost me $30 a month. I just assumed that it was because it was “the fastest bike in the world” and I’m only 26, or maybe I’m just getting screwed? Lol

$150 a year???? I pay $150 a month for full coverage on mine. My gsx-r and gs1000 together cost me $30 a month. I just assumed that it was because it was “the fastest bike in the world” and I’m only 26, or maybe I’m just getting screwed? Lol

It's because your 26 and maybe a few other factors.

I'm 48 with no tickets, I assume that no ticket thing will change next summer:devil:

I also have my house and two other cars with the same company for over 20 years now. Oh and for some reason married guys get lower rates. Not sure why that is, never met a married guy that wanted to live forever.

The deal is done.:super:
The bike is now mine and in storage in Arizona. I will have it shipped up to me after Christmas. Shipping is a big enough hassle without adding the holidays into the mix. The guy I purchased it from dropped it off at a relatives house and he is going to store it for me for a while. I should have some more pics in a couple of days. We all know without pics it didn't happen.
I hate to say this BUT you should have the seller MAIL YOU THE KEY! Just one little temptation to take it "for a spin" could ruin your whole plan. It has happened before. :eek:

I hate to say this BUT you should have the seller MAIL YOU THE KEY! Just one little temptation to take it "for a spin" could ruin your whole plan. It has happened before. :eek:

I understand what you are saying but this is a well trusted relative. If he did ride it and wreck it I would get a check in the mail the next day. I mean I have a key to his house and he has a key to mine so no worries.

Got a couple more pics. Shipping is all arranged for right after Christmas, everything is good to go.

IMG_0816..jpg
IMG_0817..jpg
IMG_0821..jpg
IMG_0819..jpg

And before anyone says it. Yes the reflectors are coming off. Mud guard is coming off, integrated turn signals will be put on the back.

Back