In the market for my first busa - going to look at an '08

Its not just the 100cc difference. The 14r has basically a head and cam package from the fac. My gen 2 14 puts out about 196 rwhp with bolt ons vs a gen 2 busa at 178 w/ similar bolt ons on same dyno. That's a fairly cnservative dyno, my 1441 builds come out about 214rwhp which are very cammed n highly ported

There are several Gen 2 Busas on this forum alone which make more than 178 RWHP with basic bolt ons (pipe, filter, tune).

That being said, the ZX14R won the war of the hyperbikes

There are several Gen 2 Busas on this forum alone which make more than 178 RWHP with basic bolt ons (pipe, filter, tune).

That being said, the ZX14R won the war of the hyperbikes
Not arguing that, ive seen em do 186rwhp, I think that's the highest bolt on ive seen with smoothing on. So easy to make a 1441 out of a gen 2 that I wouldn't NOT do one. However I have seen a bolt on 14r with 207rwhp. I just threw those numbers out there before as an avg

Not arguing that, ive seen em do 186rwhp, I think that's the highest bolt on ive seen with smoothing on. So easy to make a 1441 out of a gen 2 that I wouldn't NOT do one. However I have seen a bolt on 14r with 207rwhp. I just threw those numbers out there before as an avg
Yep, that's the truth there...mine puts out 186rwhp and I think I'd be hard pressed to squeeze anymore without major money being spent...the ZX is the king.

Thanks Kevin , certainly not up to speed about this motor really , might well get onto that early next year .
Everyone , even remotely interested knows... the Busa got beat by bigger cc Kawasaki , ever since the 2012 release . Of course the 1352cc ZX14 , also of course bigger cc , did get beat , everyone knows that too .

....They have an inherent flaw with the oil pump cover flexing. :poke: ;)
(not to mention the head gasket problem from the 1st gen)!

Back