In the market for my first busa - going to look at an '08

Found it...not a lot of difference between the two.

images2L165JML.jpg

Red slipping
today huh ?

Laugh out loud .

:lol:

How to kill a Hayabusa Thread on a Kawasaki forum | General Bike Related Topics

c10 Bryan Kawabusa.jpg

@c10 ~ #HowToKillHayabusaThread ~ #StartedThatThread ~ #THEoRg *

#BillNeededSomeSearchEnginePracticeToKeepHimSharper *

Last edited:
How to kill a Hayabusa Thread on a Kawasaki forum | General Bike Related Topics

View attachment 1608974

@c10 ~ #HowToKillHayabusaThread ~ #StartedThatThread ~ #THEoRg *

#BillNeededSomeSearchEnginePracticeToKeepHimSharper *

True, I was getting slack and idle when it came to finding things...I was starting to rely on you Red...

I agree, the brakes seemed just fine. I Don't think ill be doing anything with them. Yes I will inspect the chain per the manual - just need someone to send me a PDF copy :p

PM Me I have the K8 and K9 on .pdf I just have to upload them to one of those download sites and send you a link.

Initial impressions:

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! :p

Ive had a few bikes now: CB550, CBX, concours 1k, concours 14, gsxr 1k, cbr1000rr, sportster 1200, and most recently a 2018 v strom 1000 - and over the years road just about everything.

Initially the v strom was great. Very comfortable, good torque and fun ( at first). Then I took it on a 1000 mile trip to a friends place, and just felt I had to ring its neck a little too much to travel how I wanted to. even the v strom became uncomfortable after a certain amount of miles in a day. I think all bikes do no matter what , and its just part of riding ( at least for me). even my concours 14 would get uncomfortable sitting on it for extended periods.

ive chased the dragon with multiple sets of bar risers, different seats, multiple windscreens etc etc. Im done throwing money at that stuff. I just ride till ive had enough now and call it a day. to me no bike is going to be perfect in the comfort department. The busa is definitely better then the liter bikes, and thats good enough for me.

Upon first inspection of the busa, all was pretty good. little bit of road grime here and there ( to be expected), oil clean and full, coolant res nice green, and at the right level. new rubber ( awesome - now i don't have to buy it)

I think it has a new chain and sprockets. The master link is blue and the rest gold ( RK brand). don't think they did that from the factory?

Im pretty happy with the exhaust, its not obnoxious and has a nice velocity stack intake howl. do slip ons have big power gains?

He was not sure about the valves so I am going to do them before summer. Still looking for a factory service manual pdf if anyone has one! :beerchug:
I wouldn’t be so concerned about the valves. It’s a busa, not a concours. I have both bikes and there is people doing valve checks on gen2s at 60k plus miles and finding them in spec, unlike the concours. That being said, you scored a beautiful bike! Congrats!

You will love the BUSA.
I bought my first one before I had even passed my test :-)
I have 5 now since 2008.
I tried a GSXR1000R this year but it was like riding a push bike after the Busa so went back to the Busa and haven't regretted it once.
I do like big heavy bikes though and yes you can do the twisties on the Busa just takes time to learn it's handling.

Good luck with whatever you go for and safe riding

You will love the BUSA.
do the twisties on the Busa just takes time to learn it's handling.

The Busa being my first 'heavy' bike, it did take some time learning how to shove the handlebars (how much!) to get the damn thing to turn. Body weight & distribution are now a consideration, which I believe to be a good thing. At 5'8, 180 lbs, I gotta work it for the payoff in canyon corners. Regular core workouts build confidence. On the other hand, straight-line cruising at excessive speeds, the bike's like a brick house - stable.

So yeah, what @jchbusa said: take the time to learn.

The Busa being my first 'heavy' bike, it did take some time learning how to shove the handlebars (how much!) to get the damn thing to turn. Body weight & distribution are now a consideration, which I believe to be a good thing. At 5'8, 180 lbs, I gotta work it for the payoff in canyon corners. Regular core workouts build confidence. On the other hand, straight-line cruising at excessive speeds, the bike's like a brick house - stable.

So yeah, what @jchbusa said: take the time to learn.
This is one bike that "counter steering" techniques are important to master...once those are mastered, it can be flicked in and out of corners like nobody's business. I've scraped pegs countless times in cornering and even got complemented by friends on sportbikes at how smooth my bike is in the corners when they are trying to keep up.

Im 6'1 and 200 lbs. and want to tour / have fun. I have heard the zx14 is more comfortable but the busa seems to be a better value im my area (cost is a factor).
I own both and there is very little difference in comfort of riding position. The 14 may be a tad more upright but it also feels a bit wider and less sporty.

Not sure of your budget but unless I got an 08 for a really great price to offset the price of upgrading the brakes, I’d move up to at least a 2013 to get the better brakes unless you don’t want the ABS with it.
Looks like you got it. Beautiful busa!! If you have not already discovered, the brakes are just barely adequate. They will lock but you have to darned near pull the lever to the grip on the Gen1.

I own both and there is very little difference in comfort of riding position. The 14 may be a tad more upright but it also feels a bit wider and less sporty.

Looks like you got it. Beautiful busa!! If you have not already discovered, the brakes are just barely adequate. They will lock but you have to darned near pull the lever to the grip on the Gen1.
I figure with my Helibars and drop pegs, my Busa must be very close to the riding position of a stock ZX14R.

When I sat on one in the showroom, it felt very similar..and because it was brand new and all stock felt a lot heavier.

Back