In need of some measurements.. Gen 1 Busa RC Component hub size.? Please help

Dansch06limited

Registered
Hey fellas, I haven't osted alot on here but I've been on the site over two years now. So I am aware that there are people here who have tons of knowledge on the hayabusa.. Which brings me to my question.
I am hoping there are some guys here that have The gen 1 hayabusa with RC component wheels on it. What I need to know is the exact measurement of the hub (when it's bolted to the wheel) and it can be from the inside or out side of brake rotor to the inside or outside of the sprocket. Why i need this is because I am fitting my RC wheels that were originally from a zx-14 onto my Busa. When I try to buy hubs only they up the price on me to $450, just for the rear wheel alone. By the way that is the hub size I need, the rear wheel only. I lucked out and found a front hub for the Busa so I don't need those measurements. Any help will be more than appreciated! I have a friend that owns a machine shop and can machine down what I need if I can just get the exact size of the RC Busa hub. Thanks again guys, I'll be posting pics to show anyone that's interested in retro fitting zx wheels on their bike.

If I remember right it's 7 5/8" from inside of sprocket to inside of rotor. Mounting base to mounting base if you know what I mean. I can double check it in a bit if you'd like. Also I don't recall if it's wheel type specific but they have a cush drive w/dapmners style hub for sprocket and also a solid type, solid hub set-up with no cush/dampners.

If you can double check man that would be great, I don't want to machine anything until I am certain I have exact size. Your right about the Cush drive, mine has the rubber dampers, the hub is 2 pieces that bolt in the center, and the drive end pushes onto the hub. If I can get the measurement of both pieces of the hub, that would be even better, that way I know which side (sprocket side or rotor side) & how much I'd need to take off each side. But I can work with only knowing the total overall length. Thanks again

Ok, checked them and it is 7 5/8" . I measured the solid hub in pic so it would be no variance in measurement as the rubber cush does set out some and will compress fully when wheel is mounted. And also as far as measurements for each side that will depend on wheel and hub style as you can see the solid hub on the Tritons is 3 piece to fit each side & center of wheel with each outer bolting thru spoke and into hub center as the cush style on the RCComp's is 2 piece bolting 1 side into the other thru the solid spoke of wheel.

Hope these help you out some. And sorry for the dirty wheel pics.:laugh:

DSCN0120.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

Man that told me everything, thanks for the help I really appreciate it! After reading and looking at your wheel, I am curious about that sleeve spacer sitting inside the hub on the rotor side,(3rd pic). See, I have that same spacer and put it between the Cush drive and the hub. But I wasn't sure it went there. So I hate to ask another question man but does your sprocket side have a sleeve/spacer that goes against the outside of the Bearing and sits behind the sprocket Cush drive? I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Thanks again.

Give me a bit, had to take doggy to the vet. But yes I'm sure the cush drive has a spacer behind it just as a oem set up would.

After a few days of precise measuring with calipers and a mic, the exact amount I have to take off the rear ZX hub is 5/16 of an inch or 8.5mm. That will center the wheel and leave the chain to tire gap exactly how the stock set up is. I will update with pics once I begin the assembly.. Thanks for the help

Another update & question for the busa guru's on here.. A problem I ran into with this swap is the zx axle bolt is longer in length and smaller in diameter compared to the hayabusa axle. What I was going to do to make this work is buy reducer type spacers that fit inside hayabusa hardware that will let me use the zx 14 axle. If I dont do this I'd have to find new bearings for the RC wheel that have a bigger inside diameter so I could use the original Busa axle. Whichsounds simple, just call RC and ask for a set of their bearings to fit the hayabusa, but that isn't so easy, they said call a dealer so i did & they told me they dont order just bearings, so i looked for the size I need & they aren't easy to find.. The size bearing I need to fit the RC wheel and Busa axle is 52mm OD, 32mm ID & 15mm width. If there is anyone out there who knows where I can get these specific sized wheel bearings, will you please let me know? Otherwise I will stick with plan B of getting reducing adapters to fit into the spacers, brake hanger and swingarm blocks.

Back