In need of a shop relatively local

py15ro

Registered
Hello All,

I have neither ridden or posted in a fairly long time but just brought my bike down from Pittsburgh after sitting in storage for 5 years and it is need for some serious fixes hopefully in a local shop if there are any that can handle my nightmare.

Off the bat im aware of a few issues that need addressed and I'm looking for a local shop that could hopefully handle most of it. Any maintenance issues for long sitting bikes need addressed.

My bike has sat for 5 years give or take after my bazzaz tc wiring system started cutting in and out. To complicate issues, I flashed my ECU with boost by smith software during the transition to woolrich racing. So once I yanked the bazzaz system it would no longer turn over. I reinstalled to test the cause, kicked over once and I stopped my troubleshooting journey at that point. I started having issues with free time to tinker.

I messed up, so an ecu flash preferably by dyno, or by bench or back to stock I not possible. Final item which over done before but am lacking on time is a confirmation on my reinstall of the bazzaz TC system was acceptable. I put it back in after getting a new wiring harness two years ago, but my little guy hasn't been turned over in a very long time. Didnt want to endanger anything with getting that confirmation on my own with my expected ecu issues.

Any shop suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you all for your help in advance!

It is possible to brick an ecu if you interrupt or lose connection during the flash. However that’s more common on gen 1 ecus. If that happens on a gen 2, usually you can just start the flash over again and it will take.
Been there!!! Killed the ECU, Woolich wouldn't flash, flashed it with ECU Editor with a stock file, then was able to flash and load my Woolich files.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you about Woolich over ECU Editor but there are a couple features I like in the Woolich for a NA bike though.
I have a concern about ECU Editor as my laptop ages, if I have to replace with something new that ECU Editor won't work on Windows 10. Or is it not a problem?

Back