In need of a new tire 700 miles from home!!

ldposse

Registered
So im in houlton, maine tonite on my '08 busa. There are 2 'powersports' shops in town, but it looks like they deal more in dirtbikes, atv's and snowmobiles than sportbikes.

If they dont happen to have a 190 tire in stock, are there any other sizes that will work in a pinch to get me home?

My metzeler Z6 interact started showing cord today right at 9000 miles.....

Thanks!

I know some people put a 200/50 on the stock rim without any rubbing issues but that's as big as you can go from what I understand. I don't know about any other sizes unfortunately.

Last edited:
9 grand that's truly getting your monies worth... You could always press you luck and ride the cord. :laugh:

The original bridgestone started showing cords around 5800 mi and i didnt replace it 'till 6085, not really looking to take the chance this far from home, lol

too bad i cant get a metzeler me880 or other very long wearing tire for this rig! Just turned 19,000 miles this morning.

I can ship a new tire next day saturday delivery...call the shop if you need one.

just did a search for you.. Mcquire motorsports in Houlton sells parts and bikes

Thanks, thats alot faster than using the edge network on my iphone. I saw that shop, its like 1/2 mile from this campground, but they were closed for the evening when i rolled into town. Looks like i know where im headed first thing in the morning!!

Back