In need of a motor!!!! Help!!!

hayabusa99bw

Registered
I am in need of a motor for my brothers hayabusa, he let it go without an oil change for over 6000 miles and called me yesterday informing me that it had started knocking on the way in from our parents place. He brought it to my house and what I feared most had occured, not only did he not change the oil but it only had a quart and a half in it when I drained it. I am a bike mechanic myself and I know exactly what happened (took out the rod bearings for sure and what else it took out we will see). Took the plugs out and all look fine and the bike starts and runs just fine at idle but starts knocking anything above 2000 rpms. There were shavings on the magnet on the plug and in the oil that got drained which definately indicates rod bearings. He is saying that rather than fixing the motor and replacing rods,bearings, a possible crank and maybe pistons depending on how bad it is he would rather get a good motor and swap it out. The motor had almost 21000 miles on it and is due for more than just the parts stated if it gets taken apart and I am a drag racer with my busa so I can use the motor as a spare. We are looking for any motors up for sale but would like something with pretty low miles and we don't need all of the ignition parts, throttle bodies, exhaust, etc as all the other parts on his bike are good and can be put on the new motor. Let me know what you have got and what you want for it. Thanks!!!!!:beerchug:

Or turbo it instead. You can do it for the same money new motor cost.

And teach him how to change the oil.

Yeah, can't believe he let it go that long and that low. I guess his wont make that mistake again.

???

21,000 miles is nothing until NO OIL. You should be able to rebuild a good motor and cheaper them buying a new motor. Post in wanted. You may also find a wrecked bike you can use.

I would go with what Ninja Eater said. If he want's a "new" engine find a wrecked bike. There is a lot of them out there with good engines, just totaled out for body damage.

Cheaper and easier, but not always what they want...

Sometimes they want what they want.

I know another busa board member has one, I believe.. I'll call him and have him check this topic.
:beerchug:

OK.. just confirmed... my friend Eric's got one still for sale... 2006 w/ 12K miles, with stage 1 cams. He wants $2K shipped.

Back