In my 30+ years riding I never saw or experienced BEES hanging in a SWARM right dead

GixxFix

Registered
In my 30+ years riding I never saw or experienced BEES hanging in a SWARM right dead center of my path center of my path as I pass through them at 70mph!

Yesterday as I was riding back home from a 200 mile-ish ride I was following a big G-Van from G.M. and I was about 100 yards behind the van, but as I traveled all of the sudden out in MY Lane a dark spot the size of two or three 55 Gallon Drums bunched together in a Mass SWARM going what looked like in circles right dead center of my path ………….No time for maneuvers and wham right into THEM ALL I go!

On impact one stung me under my chin, thank God I had my jacket completely Zipped and the Neck Velcroed together, my helmet was instantly smeared with Bee Guts and my WHOLE Upper Body!

After Riding another 20 miles home I still had Bees that were semi Alive on the front of the Busa, the Radiator and headlight area were so full of them I decided I better Use my Power wash on the whole bike for the very first time ever, mind you I never wash my machines with water only Windex, Wax, Spray wax and WD-40 ……I preceded to power wash hundreds of Bees off the radiator and all the nooks and crannies in the front of the Busa……

Let me tell you if you ever experience this you will feel the Heavy Hit from All of those bees Nailing you Everywhere ….all I could think of any second I am going to be having many sting me in places I could not protect………But only the one Bee got me on impact thankfully…..

If any of you who have seen the Movie “The Incredibles” you know the scene where the kid hits the swarm of bugs at speed……That was one of my first thoughts after I hit the Swarm..LOL and they hit Hard!

I can Not imagine being a Harley or Cruiser rider and hitting the with an Open Face Helmet……!!!!!!!!........No way man, and without that Leather suit like many of them do….

Last edited:
Re: In my 30+ years riding I never saw or experienced BEES hanging in a SWARM right d

that sucks, glad you were relatively unscathed. next time go through at 130...

Re: In my 30+ years riding I never saw or experienced BEES hanging in a SWARM right d

Open the throttle a little more next time.

The 'busa is more beeodynamic the faster it's going.

GixxFix, glad you're okay rider, guess it could have been worse.. Ride safe u. ;)

Been there and done it!.. I actually tasted one of the shiny little spots on the helmet afterwards.. Yummy and really sweet like honey!

In my 30+ years riding I never saw or experienced BEES hanging in a SWARM right dead center of my path center of my path as I pass through them at 70mph!

Yesterday as I was riding back home from a 200 mile-ish ride I was following a big G-Van from G.M. and I was about 100 yards behind the van, but as I traveled all of the sudden out in MY Lane a dark spot the size of two or three 55 Gallon Drums bunched together in a Mass SWARM going what looked like in circles right dead center of my path ………….No time for maneuvers and wham right into THEM ALL I go!

On impact one stung me under my chin, thank God I had my jacket completely Zipped and the Neck Velcroed together, my helmet was instantly smeared with Bee Guts and my WHOLE Upper Body!

After Riding another 20 miles home I still had Bees that were semi Alive on the front of the Busa, the Radiator and headlight area were so full of them I decided I better Use my Power wash on the whole bike for the very first time ever, mind you I never wash my machines with water only Windex, Wax, Spray wax and WD-40 ……I preceded to power wash hundreds of Bees off the radiator and all the nooks and crannies in the front of the Busa……

Let me tell you if you ever experience this you will feel the Heavy Hit from All of those bees Nailing you Everywhere ….all I could think of any second I am going to be having many sting me in places I could not protect………But only the one Bee got me on impact thankfully…..

If any of you who have seen the Movie “The Incredibles†you know the scene where the kid hits the swarm of bugs at speed……That was one of my first thoughts after I hit the Swarm..LOL and they hit Hard!

I can Not imagine being a Harley or Cruiser rider and hitting the with an Open Face Helmet……!!!!!!!!........No way man, and without that Leather suit like many of them do….

They hit so hard at 70mph, I can Not imagine hiting them at 100+ speeds

thats what windscreens are for. get down under it!

should have taken some pics of your bike before you washed it off...

If you wheelie through the bottom fairing will split them :laugh:

:worthless:

Seriously man, seriously! :laugh:

I would have totally freaked out since I'm allergic to bees! :hide:

Bees are on the move right now.

Wow, glad your OK!!

at least you had some sweet honey riding with you :laugh:

I can Not imagine being a Harley or Cruiser rider and hitting the with an Open Face Helmet……!!!!!!!!........No way man, and without that Leather suit like many of them do…

I can imagine it an it's not a pretty thought.:laugh:

Back