In Big Trouble

Harsh Kumra

Registered
Hello Friends.. Im new in the org..
I have purchased a 2002 hayabusa..
I have a issue in the bike which is troubling me..
In the other hayabusa i expect when the ignition is on the fuel pump motor makes a whinning sound for abt 3-4 seconds and then stops but in my busa it is like the fuel pump motor is continuously making the sound and doesn't stops after 3-4 seconds which it should..
The bike runs for abt 10 mins or sometime n then starts to make stutters as if the petrol supply isn't proper..
The fuel pump motor is related with the ecu.. Is it so that the ecu has the control of the motor and the pressure of the fuel pump is controlled bt the ecu.. what should i do... please help..

Just a guess. But if I were you I'd be looking for a fuel pump... Sounds like the pump may be leaking/bypassing back into the tank. I may be way off saying that. But I'm sure you'll get other responses to your post. Maybe some other thoughts about your problem. I'm interested to hear other opinions...

Okay Brother i will check the relay and Does that relates something with the ecu..
Because when i had put the bike in dealer mode it had showed c00 which by my knowledge is no fault code..

Checking the relay is a good suggestion. Always best to start with the less expensive parts that could cause the problem. But most relays are designed to fail in the off position.

Quick search might help

A58D54DE-AE7A-4693-A804-42396AF96EA7.jpeg

If it was my bike, once i knew the regulator was ok, i would check injectors. It maybe you have 1 or more stuck open. pumping fuel right into a cyl which isnt good. I would also check the fuel pressure and see if its building. If not there is something wrong with the pump.

Hello Friends.. Im new in the org..
I have purchased a 2002 hayabusa..
I have a issue in the bike which is troubling me..
In the other hayabusa i expect when the ignition is on the fuel pump motor makes a whinning sound for abt 3-4 seconds and then stops but in my busa it is like the fuel pump motor is continuously making the sound and doesn't stops after 3-4 seconds which it should..
The bike runs for abt 10 mins or sometime n then starts to make stutters as if the petrol supply isn't proper..
The fuel pump motor is related with the ecu.. Is it so that the ecu has the control of the motor and the pressure of the fuel pump is controlled bt the ecu.. what should i do... please help..
If it runs well for a while, then bogs, check the screen on the input side of the fuel pump for rust. My gen 1 would do this, collect rust as I rode, clogging the filter. Shut it off, and all the rust would drop, running fine, for a while.

If it runs well for a while, then bogs, check the screen on the input side of the fuel pump for rust. My gen 1 would do this, collect rust as I rode, clogging the filter. Shut it off, and all the rust would drop, running fine, for a while.
I just went for a ride.. Rode it 10 mins n kept it at the home...
After 1 hr i tried to start it again the bike is not starting and as i said earlier that fuel pump makes continuous sound now the fuel pump is not making any sound and the bike isn't starting

What all did you check? Most would assume smoked the pump. I would see if it’s getting power before you go down that road. The pump never shutting off I’m sure is the answer

What all did you check? Most would assume smoked the pump. I would see if it’s getting power before you go down that road. The pump never shutting off I’m sure is the answer
Brother the fan is working properly..
Then secondly the fuel pump is running it makes continuous sound..
And then i rode it for just 4-5 kms and i let it rest for an hour after that the bike doesn't starts n the fuel pump doesn't starts and not making the sound of its starting..
And i know i will rest it for 2-3 hrs and when the bike is all cooled it will start i know this..
Not able to diagnose the problem..
Help..

In the first gen hayabusa as of mine is 2002 model the fuel pump runs continuously or like new model when we press rhe ignition on then it makes 2-3 seconds whinning sound and stops..?

I rode the bike now for sometime.. I came home back..
The bike started again after 10 mins when i was back but now it has been 1 hr approx and the bike doesn't starts now..

You gotta start trying things it won’t fix itself. Is pump getting voltage when it’s not running?? Pull pump and check screen. Can get a lot of help here when your checking things off the list of possibilities.

You gotta start trying things it won’t fix itself. Is pump getting voltage when it’s not running?? Pull pump and check screen. Can get a lot of help here when your checking things off the list of possibilities.
The pump is getting voltage in the ignition n it makes continuous whinning sound..
And where is the screen in the pump..?
Can there be problem due to the pump screen..?

Back