Impossible to find this oil hose!?!?

Smoke_King

Registered
I recently bought myself a busa and just going through anything it may require when i came across this oil leak. At first i thought it was a gasket, but there’s very good chance upon closer inspection that it’s a old hose leaking. I’d like to replace it but can’t find the darn part number or even a name for it honestly. Here’s what it looks like, any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

4F00776A-9538-49A9-8810-DD158B705169.jpeg

1BFC83CD-7E60-4E6B-A0EA-7CC35AB7DC5B.jpeg

Question: what year Busa?

Also, I reckon you have pictures of two different hoses? (maybe)
The one on the right, looks very much like the first picture

Its a 2006, iv also checked their catalog that has almost every single part that i can order from suzuki except the hoses. I dont even know what their called to begin searching for them. I dont believe it’s the clutch as its on the right side and comes down from the engine block and goes right back in at the side. It’s not called oil cooler hose either since it’s not connecting to the cooler at all.

That’s odd mine is a gen2. But noting like that the second Pic is that the cam tensioner??

View attachment 1614367

View attachment 1614368
This is good for reference i appreciate you posting pics, this is now leading me to believe that this hose might be some sort of return oil hose, if your bike is stock in that area, then it seems like they may have completely removed it in the second gen which makes it even more interesting now lol

Here’s something to think about, should I absolutely only get this oem rubber hose or can I replace it with a stainless steel braided line of same length? Is there any pressure ratings on these? If so wouldn’t the braided line be better? Not to mention much more cost effective and hold up longer? Thanks

If anyone else ever needs it, it’s called a cam chain tensioner hose

1 question, is this an automatic chain tensioner that’s hydraulic? why doesn’t the second Gen have it?

as rob already wrote - it is an automatic working tensioneer - the gen2´s is totally different to gen1´s

the oil hose (#16) is not for getting oil pressure onto the tens. , but only oiling the tens. itself - suzuki changed it to this version in 2000 or 2001 - i guess.

but a little trick i have for the tens. BUT only for very experienced screwdrivers / mechanics

if the chain seems to be a very very little bit loose - you think you can hear a sound of the chain.

take out the screw (#12) put out the spring (#13) and the little shaft (#10)

then take an angled alen 3 or 4 wrench , put this with its longer side into and push this by hand a little so far / strong that a very little very quiet "CLICK" comes as the result.

reason - the spring´s force is not big enough to push the tens. into the next notch - AND thats absolutely normal.
this issue sometimes happens - but no need at all to replace any pieces.

and second hint
if you took out the screw allone you can "read" how much the chain had lengthen / how far the tens. went in
by the gap you find, when only holding the screw to the spring and messuring the gap "X" (in red) shown at the very 1st pic on my page
following pics (in 4 steps "Bild 1 - Bild 4") show approximately how many mm (with a "mm" slide gauge) the gap gets smaller when chain is lengthen.

Here’s something to think about, should I absolutely only get this oem rubber hose or can I replace it with a stainless steel braided line of same length? Is there any pressure ratings on these? If so wouldn’t the braided line be better? Not to mention much more cost effective and hold up longer? Thanks

in now 12 years of owning and "screwing" the gen1 busa i never found that hose leaking anywhere.
if you´re really sure thats it is leaking you may replace it with a steel braided but please with same inner dia !

but what I have already found 2 or 3 times was a leaking hose on the left motor frontside
# 7 at the following fiche
CYLINDER.jpg

i took the new original rubber hose to fix the leak.
a good buddy found it in "steel braided form" and mounted that with full success .

Back