IMPORTED BUSA's?

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
For those of you that have imported bikes and have gotten them Tagged/Titled/Licensed.......what did you do?

I have all the paperwork done and everything completed for the bike but Oregon DMV won't accept the Carbon Copy sheet that looks like the title. It has everything on it that is required to be the title but it says something other than MCO (Manufactor Certificate of Origin) on it. I think it says New Vehicle Statement or something like that?!?!?

So how do I go about getting a MCO for a Canadian originated bike? Can I just call Suzuki and ask for a replacement MCO or should the dealer be able to get this for me??

HHmmmm.........what to do?

Josh
blues.gif

CALL THE DEALER YOU GOT THE BIKE FROM...HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP YOU...IM NOT A MOTORCYLE DEALER BUT I DO WORK AT A CAR DEALER IN FINANCE...GOOD LUCK

I will call the dealer tomorrow but I was just curious what others with the same issue have done?

Contact Suzuki America and you may have to call them. I forget the guys name, but you need a Statement of Origin.
Its not the same as an MCO. It says that your specific VIN #
meets or exceeds the U.S. standard and that in fact the bike is legit. I shipped a Canadian spec that I bought in Japan. I could not even ship it until I had a Statement of Origin. Its on letter head and alot of legal blah-blah with your VIN and the big signature from Suzuki America.

Also make sure you know where the VIN # is on the back of the motor. If you look from the right side of the bike, its just in front of the shock(rear). They checked mine at the DMV.

Hope that helps.

fatjap,

I am getting the bike titled and licensed in Oregon and am currently stationed in Ohio so.....

I don't need to show them anything. All the paperwork has been sent, I just need the MCO or Statement of Origin in your case.

What else did you have to do/pay. Did Suzuki just send you the form after you requested it or did you have to pay a fee and change anything on the bike?? I have everything swapped already and a Oregon DMV form stating it meets all US Specs!

Josh
blues.gif

Sorry, one more thing. Do not call Suzuki America, they are A-hole's about this and can charge you $1000 US for this letter and they will tell you that you will have to have theirs to title the bike in the US. This is bulls*%#. I sent you an email with some info where I got mine and they should be able to help.
smile.gif

Justin,

I just called Suzuki Ca. and they pretty much told me they don't do that and I would have to call Suzuki of North America and pay to get that form?
rock.gif
??

What exactly did you say to them? Shoot me an email if you can.

I don't mind paying a little bit for it but $1,000
wow.gif
is total Bull poop!
cussing.gif

I left a message with Suzuki North America and will see what they say. The Canada guy said to try back if they can't help me but I am just curious what she is going to say bring $$$$$$$$$. I already have a form stating that it meets US DOT specs, I just need something stating the bike is from Canada and that the bike/Vin # is LEGIT!

Josh
blues.gif

If you go to the website contact with the numbers and then ask for importing. I think the guys name is Gary Something. Just get his address and send him a letter with a statement about Statement of VIN#. It took me 3 weeks but I was in Japan.

All the DMV stuff taxes, import fees yada yada yada were waved. Being in the military payes off sometimes.

Sorry if its taken a while to get back to you........I'm operating right now and dont alway have access.
FATJAP

Fatjap,

Thanks for your help, I'll see what I can do.

I am curious what Justin did with his? Maybe they will cut me some slack with the military thing. Who knows?
rock.gif

Josh
sad.gif

no chance of telling them that the prior owner that u bought it from lost the title and u need a new one done.. as long as u have the bill of sale it might float.. just an idea seems almost to simple to work tho..

Sorry but I don't think that would work!

The state that it was titled in would be responsible for the replacement NOT Suzuki. Unless the dealer called and tried to do this.....hmmm......I wonder if the dealer could do this?
rock.gif
?

Hey, now that I think about it.........its a Statement of Compatability to U.S. specs.
Being in the military you wont pay the fee........I wasnt even asked about it.
The first I heard of a fee was here

Just an update for people looking to buy a Busa from Canada cheap!

The NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement) was looked up in the DMV regs and IS ACCEPTED as a TITLE for Vehicles imported from Canada so.....

Make sure your local DMV doesn't mess you around like mine did and takes that form as the TITLE.  Once they do this everything flows like butter.  

If you have it shipped across the boarder, you probably won't need this but if you drive across with it in your truck like I did, make sure the boarder police give you FORM 7501.  This registers your VIN # in the US database.  You don't have to have it but it will help if your DMV gives you crap.  Expect a $32 processing FEE and a $200 port charge FEE to be home free.  Other than that, you don't need anything from Suzuki that costs $1,000.  That is a load of BS!

Just wanted to break it down for people that want a Canadian only COLOR or anyone looking to IMPORT a BUSA from another country!

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074830877 -->

Sorry gotbusa? I didn't track this topic and assumed that you would email or I would catch it in new postings if you needed anything more. The thing that made the difference on mine was I had the letter and paid a couple of bucks to have a customs broker process it through the border. This way all my paperwork was already stamped and approved. I still can't believe that they would not send you the letter, what kind of crap is that. What did I tell you about Suzuki USA, they just try to screw you on this...what's up with that ZOOK?
rock.gif
Glad to hear you got everything taken care of, must of been kind of stressfull not knowing whether or not you were gonna have to shell out the $1000 or not. Sorry I did not get back to sooner, just noticed the thread again tonight.
wink.gif

JT,

No problem man! Suzuki Ca. couldn't even do it. They said that's how it use to be but since Sept. 11 they have changed a lot of stuff. I was a little worried there for a few days.

Well thanks for all your help, I just hope I can help someone else like you and FATJAP did with me so.....

THANKS again JustinTime2 and FATJAP for all your help guys.

Later,

Josh
super.gif

Back