Important! --- ice campaign ---

neoBusa

Registered
I am posting this in the General Bike Related Topics as I think it should not be ignored, especially by us riders:

We all carry our mobile phones with names and numbers stored in its memory, but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know whom to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly.

It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" (In Case of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a internationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE".

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our mobile phones today!

source : internet

SPREAD THE WORD GUYS... IT'S IMPORTANT!

Good idea~!~

My wife programmed her number into my phone as #1 wife

That way she's always first on my list alphebetically~!~ :laugh:

Good reminder.
I always have mine updated. Even have a message that scrolls across the screen informing of blood type and other pertanant info.

Good idea, had mine programmed like this for years, haven't thought about ICE # 2,3,4......

Good reminder.
I always have mine updated. Even have a message that scrolls across the screen informing of blood type and other pertanant info.

Mine doesn't scroll but when my phone locks it puts the information on the screen if you push any button. I've got ICE 1 and 2, DNR, Organ donar, and blood type. You might want to check this out as well:

Just heard someone talking about this tonight, and had never heard of it before. It is a good idea!

I have a program I got for $1-$2 for my blackberry that is an ICE program. has a red cross icon, says ICE on it. Opens to a list of contact information, relationship, allergies, drs, insurance info, the works. Not sure if there is another program for non-crackberries but the info is good none the less :beerchug:

I have a program I got for $1-$2 for my blackberry that is an ICE program. has a red cross icon, says ICE on it. Opens to a list of contact information, relationship, allergies, drs, insurance info, the works. Not sure if there is another program for non-crackberries but the info is good none the less :beerchug:

will look for the app I have BB

I have had this in a DOG TAG style for a couple years...one in my suit or jacket zipper, one around my neck...and one attached to the bike during riding.....we have cards here with everyones info except the SSN and everyone carries one when we do our ride....

I've been using ICE for a couple of years, however, I didn't think about adding a note with blood type etc. Thanks for the idea.

this is a double-edge sword...as a LEO I see alot of this information getting mis-used I.E. stolen/lost phones than used for its intended purpose. Also if you do loose your phone or it is stolen...now they know the most important numbers in your contacts and can use them to their advantage...just my 2 cents...:whistle:

Ice1...........................................................................................Ice2..............................................................................................Ice3 :rofl:

Mr__Cool_Ice1.jpg

vanilla_ice.jpg

Softee.jpg

I prefix my emergency contacts in my phone using "ICE - ". Like "ICE - Mom" but I include the real names also. I also have a U-Tag all programmed and ready for next Spring.

This is a great idea! I have done this already in my phone. I have my dad and my brothers work and cell phone. His work is in their because he is a cop and they can always get ahold of him threw his didpatch.

my phone actually has "in case of emergency" list at the top of the phone. Thats where my home and parents cells are located.

Back