Importance of wearing gear (no gore)

w21.JPG

Hope there's at least one person viewing this that will make the choice to wear their gear more. You never know when it may happen to you.
cool.gif

I got religion on gear a couple of months ago from seeing video after video of guys just like this one crashing HARD and then walking away like nothing ever happened. Well, except for being highly ticked off aftwerwards.

Then there are the pics which someone posted here earlier this week showing people who didn't have any gear on and having to live with the horrible injuries. I hate to imagine enduring that kind of suffering, even though I did one time many years ago.

I don't go on the bike without gear now. Corner store for some smokes? Gear. Too hot for gear? Take the car with A/C. Walk. Crawl. Anything but the bike with no gear.

You can still get hurt bad with gear on but why not maximize your chances of being able to ride again?

--Wag--

wow....

Nice pics....and good to see that the guy got up fairly unhurt.

Well, at least from a first glance. That pic where he was sliding on his nads really made me cringe...
wow.gif

I just figured some of the new people to riding could get an appreciation for what your gear actually does for you.
cool.gif

I wish it part of buying a motorcycle, used or new, that the rider watch a video on what happens to those that do not have on gear, proper gear, all of the gear!!

What, are you kidding me! The bike went down because of that big a$$ belly he's hauling around.

I learned what gear to wear while watching MotoGP crash videos. It's amazing that someone can walk away from a 100+ mph crash if they're properly geared up and they don't hit anything imovable. Ride Smart!
biggrin.gif

Back