Importance of wearing gear (no gore)

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:red'>WARNING: 25 pictures total...wait until the end for comments please</span>
cool.gif

I came across these pictures on the NESBA website (Northeast Sportbike Association), and thought they did a good job of showing how things happen during a crash. This is not me, but the guy gave me his permission to use the pics.

This was during a track day. He went into the turn using all of the proper body positioning, and correct spped, but just misjudged the apex of the turn a little. The bike made contact with the rumble strip (curb) just enough to lift the back end. This caused a loss of traction and a low-side crash. It could happen to any of us on the street at any time due to a judgement error or debris on the road surface. You really do not have time to react to this.

In the following pics, PLEASE pay attention to the rider's INABILITY to control his body position no matter how hard he tries. The laws of physics has taken over. Notice what happens to the bike during all of this. Just when you think it's about to end...it doesn't.

Think about the gear you wear during your rides, and look at where his body is making contact with the track. Could you prevent this during a crash? No...no-one can. He was able to walk away due to the gear he was wearing...The typical street rider would not be so lucky.

Again...this is NOT me.
biggrin.gif

w01.JPG

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "forgot the dam picture"|1120386048 -->

w09.JPG

...16 not too much longer...thanks for your patience
cool.gif

w16.JPG

Back