Impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump

Last edited:
sorry at all american members here
one single very cautious question from far away europe:

how can you elect someone for president, senator, congressman or or ... so who is obviously a racist and against immigrants, but who, like everyone else, is 100% also descended from immigrants ?
the "whites" are all 100% descendants of the europeans who came with the Mayflower and later ships and at least flooded northern america.

by that the us people is a mix of all nations from all over the world
But Trump and his voters seem to forget all that!

my personal statement:
racism is, however, a huge bullshit and nonsense everywhere on our big ball.

how can you elect someone for president, senator, congressman or or ... so who is obviously a racist and against immigrants, but who, like everyone else, is 100% also descended from immigrants ?
the "whites" are all 100% descendants of the europeans who came with the Mayflower and later ships and at least flooded northern america.

my personal statement:
So you join this forum recently and then call half the US population racists! That just shows you're ignorance of what goes on here in the US or you listen to too much fake news. You are from Germany a country with many issues of its own.

The US is a very diverse country. No one ever call the current president racist until he became president and the democrats and their cohorts in state media started the racist narrative. They were so sure Hillary would win. Everything is racist these days. It seems the word is losing it's credibility.

For the most part we are all for pro legal immigration including the President. We are not for illegal immigration. There are thousands of people that wait in line for years to get into this country. Why should some that happen to share a board cut in front of them?

No one ever call the current president racist until he became president

Not true at all. Until he ran for office, he wasn't even ashamed of it.
That said, the nation is in great shape fiscally since he became president.

Not true at all. Until he ran for office, he wasn't even ashamed of it.
That said, the nation is in great shape fiscally since he became president.

This post is to counter all the blind character assassination against Donald Trump. I'm borrowing heavily from this post, and will happily add any contributions in the comments. Suggestions/advice always welcome!!
It will be better organized in the future.
PRO-WOMEN
  • "Donald Trump employs more women than men at the upper echelons of his real estate empire, and in many cases pays them more." Attorney: Trump Companies Employ More Female Execs Than Male [VIDEO] To add to this, "today, according to Trump’s attorney, Michael Cohen, there are more women than men holding executive positions in the Trump Organization, heading such departments as human resources, golf and hotel management, and global licensing, even though women make up just 43 percent of the overall workforce. Women who are in similar positions as men, Cohen said, 'are compensated at equal and in many cases higher pay rates.' ”
  • "Black Female Executive Speaks Out About Working For Trump Family"
“I can no longer remain silent about the repeated and reprehensible attempts to align my boss and his family with racist hate-mongering groups, campaigns and messaging,” wrote Patton, director of the Eric Trump Foundation and assistant to Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. She said the video was not part of her employment, but was triggered by the reaction Trump has received during his campaign.
“To the skeptics who will undoubtedly claim that I am doing this at the behest of the Trump family or with the promise of reward, I deliberately chose not to seek their approval nor counsel in advance to this video for fear that there would be more concern for me and its potential viral ramifications than they would be for themselves and the fact that quite simply this is the right thing to do,” said Patton, who posted the video on YouTube and has been flooded with comments on Twitter.
  • Donated $25,000 to a mostly black women's basketball league after the founder was killed in the 9/11 attack. Slam Jam Women's Basketball Classic<br />
  • Barbara Res at 33 years old became the first woman to ever be put in charge of supervising the construction of a skyscraper, when Donald Trump hired her in 1980. A section from her book:
"Unfortunately, construction remains a heavily male dominated industry, but in 1972, it was a "no woman's land", and Res met resistance at every turn, in the form of discrimination, sexual harassment and intimidation. She was literally barred from the work site, a move that prevented her from advancing in her job. She quit several positions because of discrimination. Finally, she took a chance on a part time position she parlayed into a career beginner with a major Construction company in NY. After holding several "men's jobs" in contracting, Res met Donald Trump, at the Grand Hyatt project he was developing for the hotel company. She impressed him and when he had a new ground up project, he installed her as Executive in charge of Construction. The project was the world famous Trump Tower and the rest is history - a history filled with travail and triumph."
  • Over two decades ago, 50 percent of the people in his business inner circle were women. He hired people regardless of whether they were men or women because he thought they were going to be the best for the job. He treated them equally. He mentored them and allowed them to advance. Many of his female employees were better paid than men (naturally, as many of them had worked for him for longer). What’s up with Donald Trump and ‘the women’? Not what you might think.
  • "Trump: a champion of women? His female employees think so." - Washington Post
  • "Donald Trump's History of Promoting Women" Columnist: Donald Trump's Business History of Promoting Women | Breitbart
  • Trump's spokesperson is Katrina Pierson, a black woman.
  • Trump on women, from "Crippled America" (thank you, !):
"Anybody who wonders how I feel about women should just take a good look at the Trump Organization. My positive feelings about women are reflected in the number of women who have worked in my organizations. I placed women in important leadership positions in the Trump Organization long before anybody else gave them that opportunity because I knew they could handle it. I was the first developer ever to put a woman in charge of a major construction project in New York City."
[...]
"I’ve done things that nobody else has done. The 68-story Trump Tower, on Fifth Avenue right next to Tiffany’s, was the tallest entirely glass-exteriored building in Manhattan when it opened in 1983. That helped pioneer the modern luxury-building industry. One of the things I’m most proud of about that building is that the person I put in charge of overseeing construction was a 33-year-old woman. I made that decision in 1983, when the fight for gender equality in business was really beginning. None of the people who whine about the way I talk to women mention the fact that I voluntarily promoted gender equality in a male-dominated industry. The women who work and have worked for me will vouch for the fact that I was as demanding of them as I was of their male counterparts. That’s the kind of “gender equality” we need: Leadership that inspires the best in people, male or female, not a wishy-washy former secretary of state who doesn’t understand the lunacy of having her own private e-mail server."
PRO-MINORITIES (will have some overlap with pro-women section):
“I can no longer remain silent about the repeated and reprehensible attempts to align my boss and his family with racist hate-mongering groups, campaigns and messaging,” wrote Patton, director of the Eric Trump Foundation and assistant to Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. She said the video was not part of her employment but was triggered by the reaction Trump has received during his campaign.
“To the skeptics who will undoubtedly claim that I am doing this at the behest of the Trump family or with the promise of reward, I deliberately chose not to seek their approval nor counsel in advance to this video for fear that there would be more concern for me and its potential viral ramifications than they would be for themselves and the fact that quite simply this is the right thing to do,” said Patton, who posted the video on YouTube and has been flooded with comments on Twitter.
  • Trump helped Jennifer Hudson after her family members was killed
  • Trump dated black supermodel Kara Young in the early 2000's.
  • Trump's spokesperson is Katrina Pierson, a black woman.
  • Trump's daughter (Ivanka) and son-in-law (Jared Kushner) are Jewish.
  • His wife is a (legal) immigrant.
PRO-LGBT
  • In 2000, he declared that he supported gay anti-discrimination laws and the repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell. He also advocated for “a very strong domestic-partnership law that guarantees gay people the same legal protections and rights as married people. His book, released that same year, wistfully described his dream of an America “unencumbered by racism, discrimination against women, or discrimination against people based on sexual orientation.” The details of Trump’s gay rights views are even more impressive. Trump didn’t just want states to pass their own anti-discrimination laws: He supported amending the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 to ban sexual orientation discrimination. Like Trump’s other pro-gay positions, this stance was extremely liberal for its time. In fact, it’s strikingly progressive even today. http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...obviously_the_most_pro_gay_gop_candidate.html
  • Donald Trump changed Miss Universe rules to allow transgender contestants like Jenna Talackova to compete. http://www.ibtimes.com/miss-univers...transgender-contestants-allowed-compete-trump
MORE KINDNESS
NOTABLY ENDORSED BY...
Also see: A Running List of Influential Women Who Endorse or Support Donald Trump by our own /u/swampdaisy!!
BILL CLINTON'S SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIMS ENDORSE TRUMP...

“I’ve been quiet for too long, and now with the possibility of [Hillary Clinton] being the Democratic nominee and possibly president, I feel the need to get involved,” she said. "Hillary tried to silence me."
  • Bill Clinton’s former Mistress, Sally Miller, endorses Trump. She speaks of for coming out with the truth about the Clintons. She wrote of her support of Trump in a Facebook post:
LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM, Trump's political run has forced Americans to see, once again, the corrupt and nasty Democrats for who they really are. Best of all, Trump forced the two-faced Republicans to come out of hiding and show their true colors.
Trump's candidacy has thrown open the outhouse door so we can "See and Smell" the vileness inside Congress.
It took Trump stepping forward and putting a spotlight on Career Politicians to reveal their lazy, shallow, and low-life ways!!!! And, it took Trump's Presidential Bid to expose the phony label "Fair and Balanced" ---so smugly flaunted by FOX NEWS.
Yes, Americans, like him or not, It takes a Donald J. Trump to sound the TRUMPET!!!!!
Trump, Trump, HE's my man....If he can't do it....nobody can!!!!!!
BONUS
Information about Melania Trump (Thank you, /u/FierceQuacker!! source comment)
She was born in a very small town in Slovenia with a population of only about 5,000 people. She obviously knows the small town feel, even if it wasn't an American small town.
She studied Design and Architecture at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia, long before she met Trump.
Her father owned a car/motorcycle parts shop while her mother was a fashion designer/clothes maker.
She is an intelligent, supportive woman who cares deeply for all people, not just specific beneficial (politically) groups.
Some of the charities/foundations she is/has been a part of: Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Police Athletic League (resulted in 2006 Woman of the Year), The American Red Cross (which awarded her the title Good Will Ambassador).
Driven/Ambitious, Caring, Understanding and appreciates America. I feel she even further respects America after having grown up in a communist country.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...del-White-House-favorite-s-wife-revealed.html
Ivanka Trump on her father:
"I am a female executive at his company of the highest level, and I wouldn't be the person I am today if he didn't deeply believe in opportunity for women. . . Any company who doesn't believe in equality for women -- Any company who isn't hiring women at the highest level and equally for men is not going to be relevant going forward. They're just going to fail. . . That's true of the Trump Organization, and it's true of my own company. We're really thinking about creating a culture that's conducive to women and what they need from a workplace, and it's something I spend a tremendous amount of time thinking about to enable opportunities for women who have families and to not be penalized for that, and to create cultures, which is something I learned at the Trump Organization of meritocracy. I would not be there if I wasn't able to excel." Source

my personal statement:

@faseljd - I agree completely with you.

@Berlin Germany - dont believe everything you hear in the german news. I follow both (american and german news). They could not be more different and far away from the truth.
In germany , trump is presented as the new hitler. (Must make them feel better about their past I guess). Even in canada the news about him are 99 percent negative. Nobody here talks about his achievements but instead its the same broken record over and over.
I guess we wait and see the outcome and mostly what happens next year!

@08BusaKY - dont blame him. Thats how the media presents the americans in europe. Sadly.....
Not to mention how our snowflake politicians try to make it into the next election by telling everyone what they want to hear. Nobody talks about the truth anymore. Nobody researches facts anymore before it will be posted online. Its only about - who is the fastest to bring it to the public- true or not does not matter at all!

my personal statement:
Berlin, I enjoyed your question.
So here is a quick simple answer:
Politics in the USA has become very dirty.
Obama was a true gentleman, so he did not know how to work dirty.
Trump can be more dirty than the best of them, so to fight dirty we needed someone who is really good at that.
Angela Merkel is a very good woman, so good she has given away a good part of your country and it’s culture to people from outside. So she knows nothing about playing dirty, which is why you folks don’t like Trump.

But let’s talk about Germany, my distant grandfather was born in Brandenburg in 1741.

In 1983 I spent 6 months training with Mercedes in Stuttgart. I thought it was a wonderful place, much nicer than America. Then until 1995 I did a lot of work in Munich, Regensburg, Düsseldorf and Ruhpolding. I absolutely loved Germany, but after 1995 I did not come back until 2016.

In 2016 I had to sell a factory in Lubeck, because we could not find skilled people to work there and were losing money. I spent 3 months in Lubeck, but visited Berlin and family in Nurtingen. From the beautiful Germany I knew in 1995, it changed so much by 2016, I would no longer be able to live there. About 60% of the population in Lubeck rode bicycles, because they could not afford cars.

What went wrong?

Trump can be more dirty than the best of them, so to fight dirty we needed someone who is really good at that.
Angela Merkel is a very good woman, so good she has given away a good part of your country and it’s culture to people from outside. So she knows nothing about playing dirty, which is why you folks don’t like Trump.

But let’s talk about Germany, my distant grandfather was born in Brandenburg in 1741.

In 1983 I spent 6 months training with Mercedes in Stuttgart. I thought it was a wonderful place, much nicer than America. Then until 1995 I did a lot of work in Munich, Regensburg, Düsseldorf and Ruhpolding. I absolutely loved Germany, but after 1995 I did not come back until 2016.

In 2016 I had to sell a factory in Lubeck, because we could not find skilled people to work there and were losing money. I spent 3 months in Lubeck, but visited Berlin and family in Nurtingen. From the beautiful Germany I knew in 1995, it changed so much by 2016, I would no longer be able to live there. About 60% of the population in Lubeck rode bicycles, because they could not afford cars.

What went wrong?

If you have family in Nuertingen you must know tuebingen? Thats my hometown...
You nailed it with your explanation above!

Hard to say what went wrong.
I dont think much went "wrong". In all university cities (my hometown is one of the biggest) we have ALOT of students. They cant afford cars.(mostly because the housing and cost of living is very high.) BUT the infrastructure of our public transit is so good that you actually dont need a car in a city.
Besides the students - In germany the car is still a status symbol. More than anything else. You NEED to have a car... after that comes a house or own condo.
I dont know anyone in my family (and I have a big family) who does not own a car.

On top of all that - the south of germany is very "green and social" by political standarts. People have a fancy car but still drive to work with the bike.(it looks good - but still drive the fancy porsche or mercedes on the weekends). Also germans are much more health oriented than north americans. I think that explains your question a bit!

That is a funny spin Jelly. Obama didn't go dirty because he didn't have to. Besides the first thing people would have said is he was unfit for office. Trump is dirty because he is dumb and that's his only weapon. It works because only a white guy could do what he is doing and not get run out of Washington, yet anyway.

1574470009717.png

That is a funny spin Jelly. Obama didn't go dirty because he didn't have to. Besides the first thing people would have said is he was unfit for office. Trump is dirty because he is dumb and that's his only weapon. It works because only a white guy could do what he is doing and not get run out of Washington, yet anyway.
Arch, Arch, Arch!!!!!!!!!!
Have you forgotten?
I am totally color blind, your reference to people of different colors totally shocks me. You see, I possess zero racism and hope one day you will join me.
But sigh. We have had this discussion before and you remain totally inflexible.
About Obama and working dirty, c’mon bro, where is your sense of humor?

Arch, Arch, Arch!!!!!!!!!!
Have you forgotten?
I am totally color blind, your reference to people of different colors totally shocks me. You see, I possess zero racism and hope one day you will join me.
But sigh. We have had this discussion before and you remain totally inflexible.
About Obama and working dirty, c’mon bro, where is your sense of humor?
I don't think I said anything about you being racist, but "a hit dog hollas" I suppose.

I know what a
I don't think I said anything about you being racist, but "a hit dog hollas" I suppose.
I know what a hit dog holler is, but never heard of “hollas”?

You have never said anything about me being racist, correct, why did you even think that?

Back