IMAX...B there...or B square

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
saw my first IMAX film . Way cool stuff. Saw a film on Egypt before going in to see "Eternal Egypt" a collection of Egyption shid from the British Museum. Mummies an' such. It was pretty cool .
If you haven't seen an' IMAX film(canadian technology by the way) the theater seats about the usual , but the screen is curved and is about 6 storeys high .The sound system is huge an' state of the art. The way they film it(special cameras,special film) has you feeling like yer right in the film. If you got to experiance "Soaring over California" the ride at California Adventure just across from Disneyland then you'll know what I am talking about.
The films are not for everyone. Its National Geographic stuff. Sharks,Everest,the Titanic,guys doing Extreme Base jumping,etc.

anyway...see it today . IMAX.

Imax.jpg

Imax is the coolest technology, I saw the michael jordan film with my son and then nascar experience was like you were sitting in the freaking car.... you do get a little woozy in the stomach though from the film putting you in the ride..

I love em to. I always end up wondering one thing tho... With the great cinematography, screens, audio, etc why the heck do they spend most of the 40 minutes talking and showing a lot of scenes that do not take advantage of the format? I would love it if they just stuck with motion, sound, and imagery.

That film format is indeed AWESOME.

btw the last one I saw was Everest, great movie, better book and a real bummer for the guide who was a pretty good chap in his day.

rsd.. i tried to see that in vic. a couple of weeks ago.. HUGE lineups, so we bailed and went to Crystal gardens instead.. IMAX rocks, though.. best one I've seen is the one on Mt. Everest.. tres cool.

rsd.. i tried to see that in vic. a couple of weeks ago.. HUGE lineups, so we bailed and went to Crystal gardens instead.. IMAX rocks, though.. best one I've seen is the one on Mt. Everest.. tres cool.
you were on my lil' Island 2 weeks ago , an' didn't phone me.

you nasty bastid. I'd have bought you a beer....

Next time 'Wood...

hav a good 1....RSD.

I saw a "Space Exploration" and "Speed" film at OmniMax... weirdest feeling being completely surrounded. The whole 3/4 of the upper part of the dome is all screen giving that completely surrounded feeling. Crazy. Speed was making people hang onto their seats while this taxi driver drove around New York city with the cameras on the top of the taxi... The Space Exploration gave a weird sensation of actually being in Space.

you were on my lil' Island 2 weeks ago , an' didn't phone me.

you nasty bastid.  I'd have bought you a beer....

Next time 'Wood...

hav a good 1....RSD.
next time, RSD.. next time..

Back