I'm torn between systems

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
Well I'm torn once again as to what to get:

option A) TTS Supercharger kit approx 2600 pounds ($4700)
Kinda stealthy because of retention of aftermarket exhaust. 250HP limit though....Not sure if I want more right now. Constantly on full boost though. No Lag. Instant. Claim 1/4 mile times in th 8's. about the only way to upgrade is change impellor and add intercooler. Probably never see over 300hp in less spray and/or big bore kit is utilized. bad thing is never seen one installed or heard of anyone buying one. Anybody hear or seen one.....

option B) Velocity Turbo Kit approx 4k on fleabay brand new of course. Possibilities for upgrade are almost limitless. 300HP would be the difference between 87 octane and race gas. a little lag in 1st gear but when geared right will put you in the sweet spot of 3/4 to full boost after every flick of the foot. Plenty of people have kit and more than likely be able to answer any questions I have regarding issues I may have or tips and tricks for more power and anything else. But along with that would not be original or rare. but safer and easier. Plus the manufacturer is here in the states and would items quicker and if something is broke or screwed up easier and cheaper to contact. No sure what 1/4 mile times would be but sure to close if not more. depending on front tire staying in the air or not.

Anyways that is the pros and cons of both, if I left any out please add.

Any help would appreciated

John

Check oput suzukihayabusa.org Dennis AKA Motorhead has a kit that starts around 4000.00 and is very upgradeable compared to the Velocity kits also check out rccturbos.com Richard makes some very nice kits as well that are also upgradeable I have been looking into this for a very long time as well trying to figure out whos kit I wanted to go with and although Velocity has some nice kits out there I just cant justify spending 5999.95 on there stage 2 and not be able to upgrade anymore down the road as where with RCC AKA Richard and Motorheads kits you can buy a stage 1 to start off with wich at around 6-7 pounds of boost will give you around 220 HP and you can upgrade as well as push more boost,you could add a fifth injector and bump the boost to about 10-12 pounds to get 300 HP.
Well I hope this helps ya out a little more but do your research and you will see.

Tom

What is your ultimate goal for the bike???Cause you sound alot like me in the sense that you just want to do something different...If that's the case then leave your bike alone and be happy...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128901667 -->

It ain't like your gonna buy it tomorrow......
I'd check out the ghetto kit (TMH) if I were you, it seems like the best value.......
That TTS blower seems pretty cool, bit spendy though......

I've always been partial to superchargers.

But turbo is what everyone does.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128900461 -->

GO SEE MOTORHEAD<SAVE YOURSELF SOME HEADACHES. You will be Happy  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
,I don't have one of his kits but have read about them for years now and the Man knows his ####.A velocity kit is good but all the stuff you don't see that you need will end up costing you $10-15k to get the power from their kit when the MH kit you will leave out the door with nothing else to buy but gas.....Buy the others and you will be parked more often than with his kits,if you don't fork over the big change for the big hp.....

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128915393 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I would be discouraged about the TTS kit only because it has not been comonly used in the states. If you're looking for originality then kudos to you but you will spend $$ trying to work out bugs others have already paid for with turbos.

Also, owning a high HP bike is not the easiest thing in the world. Trust me, I don't half of what most turbos have and Ive had my fair share of headache. Adding hp means you will end up chasing all the weak parts of your bike. Hopefully after addressing all of them you won't need a new bike. goodluck ,Grab.

Well you haven't been back so maybe your thinking about it and that's a good thing...

That reminds me of my old hotrod days " Injection is nice but i'd rather be blown"
tounge.gif

I run a ghetto kit..... I would check with dennis and he'll hook ya up with anything up to and around 600 hp.
laugh.gif

what is incomplete on the velocity stage 1 kit that I would still need to get? I'm just days away from making that purchase.

before going with Motorhead, or anyone else make sure to get feedback from people who had installation with any of them.

From what I hear, Turbo's are not so reliable.
If I was going to get one, I would get a 2nd bike in case of down time.

what is incomplete on the velocity stage 1 kit that I would still need to get?  I'm just days away from making that purchase.
I don't think the kits are incomplete but there are options to all the kits and you need to know what you want out of the system in order to build the perfect system for you...With the Stage 2 Velocity in order to get max HP you need to upgrade the Turbo to a Dual Ball Bearing turbo and add water injection...While it's down having the base plate installed you may want to consider a set of rods and/or pistons...

Any of the system on the market can get really expensive and if your not doing the work/install yourself then your double screwed because that costs also...

If you just looking for a pick me up go with a small shot of NOS...

I run the ghetto stage 2... Velocity is a sweet kit too... I should have a copy past for this question...
biggrin.gif
If you search the board, you will find tons of discussions on this very topic...

Cloud

Back