I'm sure someone here could do this faster...

Your gonna get a forum member put "Under" the jail....:rofl: It's gonna be on CNN with some poor schmo saying Vabs dared me to do it. :whistle:

It would take forever on a 5 gallon tank. I would say there's a couple people here that do the iron butt ride all the time so with it being 3,000 miles I would say 2-3 days. They also ran a two man crew which would help alot

It would take forever on a 5 gallon tank. I would say there's a couple people here that do the iron butt ride all the time so with it being 3,000 miles I would say 2-3 days. They also ran a two man crew which would help alot

You can have one pillion rider...might want to pick someone that can ride the Busa and hope no one gets pics of you guys for the Internet :rofl:

easyrider.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Glass went from Jacksonville, FL to San Diego, CA back to Jacksonville, FL in under 100 hours back in '03 with Viktoria Juodenaite as a passenger...i'm not sure who i admire more :bowdown:

Well, with the mileage the Busa gets vs. the car used above it works out. They had an additional 22 gal fuel cell. I know the iron butt guys carry additional fuel. The trick would be sitting in the saddle for 24 plus hours. He was very lucky; no traffic, no wrecks, no construction.

A couple of the guys from super sport bike did Mexico side of the border to Canada side of the border on zx6's in less than 24 hours... Idk what the mileage difference is though.

**edit. Eh it's only 1400 miles, that's easy enough.

I drive my truck every year from AZ to Illinois/Indiana....1700+ miles. I drive it straight through every time and make it in any where from 23-32 hours. It is never an easy trip. Couldn't imagine doing that on a bike.

Going coast to coast on a bike is high up on my bucket list.... not sure when or on what but some day I'm gonna make it happen. hopefully the Org will still be around and I can give updates along the way :beerchug:

Going coast to coast on a bike is high up on my bucket list.... not sure when or on what but some day I'm gonna make it happen. hopefully the Org will still be around and I can give updates along the way :beerchug:

You'll need us so you can have places to stay along the way :thumbsup:

That would be a pretty cool trip... :)

Have to wonder if he will get any kind of tickets or fines for admitting speeding in every state he crossed.

Yeah I would like to do it with a couple riders. Not sure covering that type of distance solo is a good idea. I don't wanna rush it for time though. Maybe stop and see a few of the landmarks and such that I've yet to see like the grand Canyon. 1 of these days I need to sit down and map it out. That would be cool to stop along the way and say hi to a few members :beerchug:. Who knows maybe even pick up a few tag alongs like in Forest Gump :rofl:

I saw that story this morning and the first thing I thought about was a busa trying to beat it. Then I came to my senses and read another story. :laugh:

The Busa wouldn't have an issue, probably sub 20 hours, but your arse would be a different story. :laugh:

300 miles shorter Wilmington NC to Barstow Ca Via I-40 E 2478.32 miles
37 hrs 11 mins / 39 hrs 16 mins based on current traffic :whistle:

I don't think Fall/winter is the optimal time to depart on a cross country trip with busas....:laugh:

What I wonder is whether the guys still has a job. It said he's a Lamborghini salesman, but he did it in a Mercedes. If I were his boss I'd be like, "What the hell man!?"

Regarding doing it on a Busa, as soon as I win the lotto and can afford to buy my way out of jail I'll have a stab at beating the time. :laugh:

Gonz

Back