I'm sick to my stomach - Michael Vick

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Michael Vick leads Pro Bowl voting – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

How is it that people are so gullible to believe that Vick is actually reformed. You can't be cured of mental illness like this. He killed animals for the fun of it. That's serial killer behavior. Seriously, how is it that people have just forgotten about all of this?

Oh yes, he hired a publicist. I forgot, all is forgiven now because he plays good football. I suppose we should release OJ too, since he was a great player too. Heck, let's just exempt all athletes from morality.

I agree, people are too forgiving at times. Cruelty to animals is just as bad as child abuse in my book.

I don't think the normal public has any clue what that man actually DID to those dogs. Most people think that its just letting two dogs fight. Of course they don't talk about that kind of stuff on the news (unless it involves a political event)

I do agree that what he did was sickening.....However, he did his time. He did the time that was given to him. I'm a dog owner and have a soft spot for dogs, but he admitted his mistakes, went to jail, and is still paying fines for what he did.

Child abuse and animal abuse are on 2 totally different levels of wrong.

With that said, he is, hands-down, playing the best football at the QB position in the NFL right now.

You're going to compare him to OJ? Really? OJ has had multiple offenses that he's skated on and he finally got caught with over-whelming evidence on the last one.

I do agree that what he did was sickening.....However, he did his time. He did the time that was given to him. I'm a dog owner and have a soft spot for dogs, but he admitted his mistakes, went to jail, and is still paying fines for what he did.

With that said, he is, hands-down, playing the best football at the QB position in the NFL right now.

You're going to compare him to OJ? Really? OJ has had multiple offenses that he's skated on and he finally got caught with over-whelming evidence on the last one.

:thumbsup:

If that's true, then pedophiles should not have to be put on a publicly available list when they are released from doing their time then. They should be able to hang out in front of schools and everything else, right?
If nothing else, I think that child abuse and animal abuse are equal. An animal can't say no...

Child abusers and animal abusers should both have done to them what they have done to their victims. And if they would have done that, Vick wouldn't be physically able to play football.. Period.

Blanca, if it would have been you or me, we would still be in jail....

I for one am not quick to forgive those that prey on innocent and defenseless victims. Violating animals, children, and the elderly are things that aren't dealt with enough serious punishment.

I for one am not quick to forgive those that prey on innocent and defenseless victims. Violating animals, children, and the elderly are things that aren't dealt with enough serious punishment.

Well put, this is what I should have wrote above.

Unfortunately...we live in a country that does not use a "punishment fits the crime" theory. If the judge/jury were dog lovers the sentence could have been tougher,maybe. We all make mistakes and when society feels those mistakes have been paid for,you are free to go.

I'm surprised at the NFL. They have some of the toughest policies in pro sports.If i were the commisioner of the NFL,I would have laughed out loud as I shredded mike *ick's request for re-instatement.

A bunch of tough guy wanna-be's sitting around placing bets on who's dog gets chewed up or killed the fastest.If I was Micheal Sick,I would have been using my wealth a little better...donating millions to animal shelters,but thats just me.

I have 3 Rotti's,if someone hurt one of them...there would be NO COURT CASE. :laugh:

RSD.

I could not agree with you more. In fact, I agree with everything you said 1000%. :thumbsup::beerchug:

I totally agree with you!!!

I don't understand how people catagorize treatment of animals the same as humans. I own a dog and yes, I would be upset if someone hurt her but I would not expect the same punishment as someone who hurt my kid. How would you feel if a group of teens were killed because they were going to hurt an animal?

So a person pays his debt to society and you still think he doesn't have the right to prosper? I think you have more of a problem with who he is or what he is getting rather than what he did. People have commited far worse crimes and are allowed back into society.

So people who kill animals for sport are serial killers? We have a name for them, they are called hunters. By some of the comments on here Teddy R. was a monster and should not have been president. Do you agree with PETA about Sarah Palin or any other hunter (serial animal killer) for that fact? What about the people who go down to Mexico, catch a Marlin and stick it on their wall?

When was the last time you saw a Roman Polanski movie? He molested a child before he won an Oscar. Was your reaction the same?:whistle:

If you truely feel that he doesn't deserve to move on in life because of what he did, then I expect to see you protesting/boycotting at furriers, bullfights, rodeos, zoos, horse/dog tracks and aqueriums. The list can go on for ever. Taking an animal out of its natural habitat and using for sport or profit seems like cruelty to me.

i really don't think the commissioner should have gave him a chance to play again, but then again who am i to judge...

I personally won't watch a game he is in even if it's the superbowl. I also will not buy a product of any kind that I know is being advertised during a Vic game!

Just me I guess, but I will never forget what he did to not one animal but who knows how many. And the ones he didn't kill, he had others kill. Not much difference in my view!

It's one thing to kill for food, it's intirely different to kill for fun.

Let Vic finish his life working at Seven Eleven and I could care less.

I don't understand how people catagorize treatment of animals the same as humans. I own a dog and yes, I would be upset if someone hurt her but I would not expect the same punishment as someone who hurt my kid. How would you feel if a group of teens were killed because they were going to hurt an animal?

So a person pays his debt to society and you still think he doesn't have the right to prosper? I think you have more of a problem with who he is or what he is getting rather than what he did. People have commited far worse crimes and are allowed back into society.

So people who kill animals for sport are serial killers? We have a name for them, they are called hunters. By some of the comments on here Teddy R. was a monster and should not have been president. Do you agree with PETA about Sarah Palin or any other hunter (serial animal killer) for that fact? What about the people who go down to Mexico, catch a Marlin and stick it on their wall?

When was the last time you saw a Roman Polanski movie? He molested a child before he won an Oscar. Was your reaction the same?:whistle:

If you truely feel that he doesn't deserve to move on in life because of what he did, then I expect to see you protesting/boycotting at furriers, bullfights, rodeos, zoos, horse/dog tracks and aqueriums. The list can go on for ever. Taking an animal out of its natural habitat and using for sport or profit seems like cruelty to me.

You bring up some very good points, and I have to agree with you on some of them. Although, I feel that my dogs and other pets are my children as I do not have children. If they were harmed, I would have little to no sympathy for the individual that harmed them.

I was unaware that any of these events or attractions were being voted on by the masses. Even so, I have to wonder, are you familiar with the fallacy known as a red herring? It occurs when a debater attempts to shift the focus of a discussion to favor something other than the initial topic. This draws attention away from the original issue and instead allows the debater to discuss a topic that favors his argument. In this case, you are trying to minimize my moral outrage by suggesting that I am biased because you have been unaware of my protests on other similarly reprehensible activities. However, you have made a miscalculation in the sense that not only do you have no idea if I have protested these activities, but you also assume to equate these activities to that of animal murder.

According to your statement, we are to assume that riding a bull in a stadium is equal to the intentional murder of a dog. Is this correct? Are we also to infer that Zoo's, many of which care for sick or endangered animals, are also engaged in activities on par with the (say it with me) murder of dogs? Frankly, your moral justification for this mans crimes are about as empty a beer keg at a Shriner's convention. (I love my Shriners, so don't get any ideas.)

You claim he did his time. I agree. According to our justice system, his payment to society has been fulfilled. Does this mean we welcome back into our homes every Sunday with our arms open to embrace him like a lost brother?

I'm not sure where either of you got the impression that I was equating child abuse to animal abuse, but you've gone off again and created another straw man fallacy. As if to say that somehow I should leave him alone because there are much worse crimes that occur. You're essentially implying that I should shut my mouth and keep my opinions to myself because you have a "thing" for Vick.

I think the bigger question here is why you as NFL fans would even dare to defend someone that is guilty of a crime that is so very telling of the man's nature. Do you disagree that animal abuse is one of the cardinal calling cards of almost every serial killer in history? Do you feel that living creatures have no right to live and die with some dignity? Even a canine, which has been domesticated over thousands of years to become, to many people, the children that they never had, or the children that they lost? You claim to have dogs, but I don't really think you understand what it is to have a dog in your home. I assume you're one of these people that "owns" dogs in the sense that you "own" a bike. I may be wrong, and I hope I am. But I can't derive much more from someone that can defend this man.

You bring up some very good points, and I have to agree with you on some of them. Although, I feel that my dogs and other pets are my children as I do not have children. If they were harmed, I would have little to no sympathy for the individual that harmed them.

I agree with you to an extent, however the LAW says that animals are different from humans so when it comes down to it, he killed and fought animals and he was given the time a Judge thought he deserved.

I like to look at it more positive and think that Michael Vick was a par QB before that could run. He made mistakes. He served for his mistakes and is nearly broke because of them. He's now one of the most exciting and best QB's in the league this year

Last edited:
Back