I'm sick and tired of watching the news

Browning patented the 45 auto in 1897.

And I don't talk about operations but I will say I would rather have an untrained person come at me with an M4A1 on full auto than with a civilian AR15 firing SA. Half way through their third burst they will be shocked to learn they are empty.

Browning patented the 45 auto in 1897.

And I don't talk about operations but I will say I would rather have an untrained person come at me with an M4A1 on full auto than with a civilian AR15 firing SA. Half way through their third burst they will be shocked to learn they are empty.
Don't know the gun Digest just mentioned the patent for the Browning 1911 was in 1910..don't really matter as it was still along time ago and still an excellent weapon.

Yep, an untrained person is just that...there are many trained people with ARs who could snap at a moment's notice...then the ability to change mags becomes a real threat.

This might sound really, really crazy but I agree with your last line...no crime is committed with legally owned firearms and more are committed with hand guns.

There were very few semi automatic weapons with detachable box magazines in the 1800's and they were very expensive and unreliable-the ammo used black power at that time and these early semi-autos suffered from many malfunctions. The first modern detachable mag semi auto rifle was made around 1908 or so. The German Luger was made in the 1890s and it was the first to be semi auto with a detachable mag.

The AR platform is so dangerous because of the ability to change mags so quickly, a good shooter even on semi auto can put down a lot of firepower using an AR.

People used to talk about the AK as the benchmark assault rifle and they surpass the AR in production numbers but they are not as accurate, reliable or able to change mags as quickly.
This might be true in Canada but plenty of mass shootings have been done with legally owned weapons here in the U.S. So be careful what fact you are being crazy for agreeing to. I could do a search to compare numbers, but it seems like there have been more "legally" owned guns used than illegal ones. In fact one of the more recent ones, the dad had just bought it and the kid used it.

I can convert my Glock to fully automatic in about 5 mins and a $20 part I can buy online. Not legally but they'd never know until I used it.

That Las Vegas dude. He carried bagfuls of guns up to his hotel room. I seem to recall they were all legally purchased.

Don't know the gun Digest just mentioned the patent for the Browning 1911 was in 1910..don't really matter as it was still along time ago and still an excellent weapon.

Yep, an untrained person is just that...there are many trained people with ARs who could snap at a moment's notice...then the ability to change mags becomes a real threat.
The untrained ones are racking up pretty good body counts. Made easier by the AR and a few extended clips.

This might be true in Canada but plenty of mass shootings have been done with legally owned weapons here in the U.S. So be careful what fact you are being crazy for agreeing to. I could do a search to compare numbers, but it seems like there have been more "legally" owned guns used than illegal ones. In fact one of the more recent ones, the dad had just bought it and the kid used it.

I can convert my Glock to fully automatic in about 5 mins and a $20 part I can buy online. Not legally but they'd never know until I used it.

That Las Vegas dude. He carried bagfuls of guns up to his hotel room. I seem to recall they were all legally purchased.
I was thinking of Canada where this is a reality that no legally owned firearms have been used, I just naturally assumed it was the same in the US but then I remembered you have different storage laws there where just about anyone in a household can lay hands on a firearm.

I remember reading that there are lots of small child shootings where a youngster lays hands on a parents' fully loaded firearm. I read where a toddler shot his mother and killed her in a Walmart after finding a loaded pistol in her purse that was beside him in the shopping cart.

Point well taken!

Headlines like this drive your point home.

Last edited:

Another strawman....why are you changing my point from one thing to another and then arguing on that changed point?

Don't get it do you? Let me help you.....I did not say legally owned guns, I said legally owned machine guns.

Another falsehood.
Crime stats show that very little crime is committed with any long arms where AR's are just one of MANY type of long arms.
I didn't say all. I said made easier by readily available ARs with extended clips.

I have a hunch you are young and full of answers. I've put my life on the line for you. I'm not going to tell you to not be free to speak. But find someone you think you are smarter than. You won't get much traction with me.

I'm sure you will spew I'm a liberal communist any moment. If you can't see the problem with mass shootings in this country, I will wish you the best but I really won't be listening. We have had 198 mass shootings so far. It's May. This is a problem. Don't really give a chyt about the 1800s.

I didn't say all. I said made easier by readily available ARs with extended clips.

I have a hunch you are young and full of answers. I've put my life on the line for you. I'm not going to tell you to not be free to speak. But find someone you think you are smarter than. You won't get much traction with me.

I'm sure you will spew I'm a liberal communist any moment. If you can't see the problem with mass shootings in this country, I will wish you the best but I really won't be listening. We have had 198 mass shootings so far. It's May. This is a problem. Don't really give a chyt about the 1800s.
Yeah, and I did not say that you said "all".

As far as the direction you seemed to be going in, I figured some facts were in order before we got nutty about scary looking guns and my age has nothing to do with it - the FBI says almost no AR's, (and we can make that all forms of scary rifles not just the AR platform) used in crime because very little crime is committed with any type of long arm.

About calling you a commie....Well if you want to take the side of Anti-Americans (not saying you have) I just might have to do that - what side are you on? You do not have to answer that, I will base the answer on the words you choose to use in order to make it not just my opinion :)

The bit about the 1800's is valid here. Yeah they were a new thing and of course most had the old types of guns and if one could afford it, they would buy the new, best type of shootin' iron...today Americas popular sporting rifle is an AR based semi-auto rifle.

I am saying the people changed to make this problem and the gun is not to blame.

As far as 198 mass shooting. It is a sick deal for sure! I see it on the morning news - the Main Stream Media every day. And I look at the crime scene and say I bet that no NRA members were involved on either side of the shoot-out.

Back