I'm ready for the 4th of july...

hehe got my potato cannon ready to rock... :thumbsup:

BILD0187.jpg

lots of inexpensive explosions this year... and yes i'll be careful and this isn't the first cannon i've built...

Reminds me of the potato cannon I built when I was in high school expect a lot nicer looking. :) What are you using for fuel?:beerchug:

very nice! superior to any i made. makes me want to make another one now.

heh, we used tennis balls that we found behind the courts. the tennis players didn't want to wade through the stickers to get them so we would have 5 gal buckets full some weekends. at night they would be aflame as they sailed across the old baseball field at our "opponents". :laugh:

dear God... the fact that none of us were really hurt amazes me when i think about it...

Wow the ones I used were filled with hairspray and I just stuck striker it a hole pre aim and flame days, the wheel type. Yes I has been a while.

What happened to taping soda cans together and using a little lighter fluid :laugh:

I used to do that! With tennis balls! problem these days is you cant find a "Tin" can anymore. They are all aluminum. Those were the days! M-80's, stealin' dad's zippo fluid and Shootin' tennis balls at each other! Ahhh 4th's gone by..

I found using soda cans, Mt Dew or Pepsi work the best. The expansion of the alluminum when ignited creats a great sound. Almost like a hollow bang. If the cannons made right it will easily sound like a 12 gauge shotgun.

Back