Im on the fence fellas...

Im on the fence fellas... - Go for a big rear, or CF???

• 240 kit

Votes: 47 100.0%
  • 280 kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 300 kit

• Carbon Fiber BST rims n Swingarm Ext.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the carbon look. Not because it looks bad but it reminds me of every Honda civic of otherwise that buzzes around town sounding like a broke sewing machine! Those dam ricers just played it out to much for me. I'd go with the fat ars! rant.gif

(notman @ Sep. 17 2006,09:19) the question is ......do you like to ride your bike or stand around and look at it
I would say he answered that question by this post. All of the choices in the poll are for posing. If he was really worried about riding he wouldn't even be considering a big tire kit.

Bikes with fat tire kits can't handle worth a crap and all that meat in the back robs the bike of hp and torque.

Go with the carbon fiber option if you don't want to turn into a poser.

(coop427 @ Sep. 17 2006,18:26)
(notman @ Sep. 17 2006,09:19) the question is ......do you like to ride your bike or stand around and look at it
I would say he answered that question by this post. All of the choices in the poll are for posing. If he was really worried about riding he wouldn't even be considering a big tire kit.
sorry but I have to respond to this-

for those that have been on this board more than once every five months or so-you know what im about so bear with me...

I have never been, nor ever will be, a 'poser' by any means. I've ridden this thing past its limitations-TWICE. I ride weather permitting, at least 2-300 miles a week. I bought my bike last year with 5600miles, I now have 17k on it and I LIVE IN WISCONSIN. Look at some of my other posts and you will see that I am rebuilding this bike into a show machine to help my wife advertise her website and because I just want to mod the ba11s off my bike.
I have ridden an R-1 with a 240 kit on it and it doesnt handle that bad just riding through town-and most of what I do is ride city streets and freeways. I have stated numerous times I am a straightline guy-never cared for the twisty stuff, especially not on my busa-I can go borrow my buddy's R-1 if I really wanted to get low in the corners, but at my size that really not any fun anyway-you know any guys in MotoGP or AMA Superbike that stand 6'7"rock.gif didnt think so. I am simply too big to be throwing around litre bikes or Busas in turns-Ive accidentally srapped my knees twice when I first got my bike, and dont intend on destroying any more pants just so i can pretend to be like 'those guys on speedchannel'.
I have done track days with my busa-at a dragstrip, thats MY idea of racing/fun on MY busa. those that know me already know this.
Just thought I should 'clear things up' for anyone else posting in here.

dont mess with BIG D he will bend ya over his knee and beat you like a red headed step child SHOCKED.gif jump9.gif

mebbe poop...uh, I mean Coop...wasn't paying attention to my avatar-or thought I jacked it from someone else...but yeah, thats me, tearin up the tire-very "un-poser-like" wouldn't ya say? tounge.gif

you poser dont lie hahaha ok i think you should go woth some rims and a 6 over arm screw the squid tire kit and get an arm with nos bottle in it some lighter rims would help you keep up through the corners with 600's ahahah

but just make sure you buy a new gas can firedevil.gif

Spend the money on a Track day and some Proper Leathers. Make yourself a Better Rider First! Then Tweek the bike!!!!

Besides, in all seriousness, the whole "Big Tire" thing is freaking lame... Just plain played, tired, and lame... firedevil.gif

hey you know i wouldnt say posers so ricky gadsons street 14r has a big tire kit he is a poser huh? well i dont think the big tire kit is for posers it depends what you are doin with it

like i told big D on the phone 4+ arm and fiber wheels

after talking with Chris last night, I think i am goin to do what I had intended already-stretch (mild, 4-6") and rims...I was looking to see what folks here think about the whole 'big tire' thing-obviously not that popular, and since I do plan to enter shows next season, thats an important factor for me when deciding how to spend $4-5k. I personally think the big tires look cool, but am also a big "form follows function" kind of guy. My list of current mods speaks for itself-no chrome or cutey-bits, just stuff to make me go fast or more visible to cagers an such.
Now that Im going to be showing the bike when Im not riding the ba11s off of it, I have to use different thinkn-hence the poll to see whats hot n whats not. I honestly have yet to see a show Busa with CF rims, and I only know of one guy runnin the BSTs on a Bus, so they seem to be a pretty 'original' mod still-which is good cuz I freakin LOVE cf shid!!!

and Rev-the day you see me at a track with turns, on my bike, in full (custom, expensive-as-he11-becuz-I'm-too-G.dammd-big) leathers; you better run for cover, because HE!! is about to freeze over!
The only race that matters to me takes less then 10 seconds and goes in a straight line. Always has been, always will be. I'll leave the "twisties" to the lil' guys....like Chris   tounge.gif

and he can take that gas can and stick it up his ***. turd-burger....yeah, you can have my old Joe Rocket, man-after I POOP in it!  mad.gif

AHH MAN I TRY TO HELP AND LOOK WHAT IT GETS ME A POOPED N COAT I SEE HOW IT IS BUT AS FAR AS SCOOP LETS RIDE AND SEE WHO IS THE POSER HOWS THAT SCOTT

I'll bring the camera-mount for my tailsection, and try to wire up my remote so I can zoom in on you when you get too far behind me tounge.gif

LOL-man, Chris you should been here last night for the rest of the drama that went down after we hung up... some seriously funny shid! Call me when you get outa work bro.

but honestly-you know Im on 2 different tires right now and neither is a very good gripping one, so farting around in twisty stuff is fine but I cant push'er hard-it just slides wide and make me wanna crap my pants every time I get close to the yellow lines. SHOCKED.gif

and with all the tickets I just found out I HAVE to pay in order to get my Lic. back, dont think I'll be doing any more modding for a few months...FAAAAAAAAAACCCKKKK! crazy.gif

I have won many shows with my carbon bike. With as many miles as you put on your bike if you go with a big tire kit go with the 240. You won't enjoy putting that many miles on a 280 or 300. Do what feels right to you and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back