mixture of country
and freeway ,
Suzuki dealer .

Then once in a while
when I have an errand .

:poke:

074-seg2.jpg

#BigBear ~ #HWY74 ~ #Idyllwild ~ #OrtegaCarousel ~ #Palomar ~ #THEoRg *

We live just east of Perris past ~ that little blue recycled water lake .

Last edited:
I dont know Arch. I see where you are going with this, but I am not onboard. I really love the rush of the Busa, but I also really enjoy just relaxing on the Ultra while burning some asphalt. If I had to pick just one, right now, it would be the Busa hands down. But. I really like being able to utilize both the way each was designed for.
Troy

I dont know Arch. I see where you are going with this, but I am not onboard. I really love the rush of the Busa, but I also really enjoy just relaxing on the Ultra while burning some asphalt. If I had to pick just one, right now, it would be the Busa hands down. But. I really like being able to utilize both the way each was designed for.
Troy
Where was I going with this?

I don't mind touring. I often find it relaxing.

What I do believe, (and this is purely my belief from experience) is that if I ride the same road or roads over and over, then I get a level of complacency that results in me thinking I own this piece of road, when in fact it is constantly changing. That's when I come unstuck.

When I am out exploring, is when I am at full awareness and on the ball, because I don't know what to expect. If I go over a piece of road and like it and it's safe, I'll turn around and go at it a bit harder.

But I enjoy getting out into places I haven't been before. And my girlfriend has decided to get on the back and now enjoys it, so we do a bit of two up and a few overnightsers.

Same for me too Willie , I love my favorite roads a hell of a lot , with the occasional re discovery road thrown in . My bikes are ultimately set up the way I like them , for spirited runs on these roads , I cannot spare time away from home , even if I found a motorcycle comfortable enough to go longer distance .

Although my later working life wandered away from Automotive Engineering, I am still an engineer at heart. The Hayabusa is just a very fine piece of engineering and that is why I enjoy riding it.

The best rides are those off the beaten track, out in the country until you get totally lost. Then you take your phone, look at Google maps to figure out where the hell you are and how to get back home.

Although my later working life wandered away from Automotive Engineering, I am still an engineer at heart. The Hayabusa is just a very fine piece of engineering and that is why I enjoy riding it.

The best rides are those off the beaten track, out in the country until you get totally lost. Then you take your phone, look at Google maps to figure out where the hell you are and how to get back home.
If you have reception/service at that point, can you hear me now? lol

@Tached1300 The new Goldwing (2018+) is a pretty credible bike. It is super comfortable and handles as well as 800 lbs can. Ride it and all the quirky things start to make sense pretty fast. I know bike people have a natural gag reaction to the GW, but fact is it's the king of super long trips and now it can actually be considered as a motorcycle (vs a car without a cage). Even the DCT auto is interesting. I know many will not be able to acknowledge their feminine side, but bottom line is the auto was shifting better than doing it manually. This bike is so setup, it's almost unfair to do Iron Butts on it.

@Tached1300 The new Goldwing (2018+) is a pretty credible bike. It is super comfortable and handles as well as 800 lbs can. Ride it and all the quirky things start to make sense pretty fast. I know bike people have a natural gag reaction to the GW, but fact is it's the king of super long trips and now it can actually be considered as a motorcycle (vs a car without a cage). Even the DCT auto is interesting. I know many will not be able to acknowledge their feminine side, but bottom line is the auto was shifting better than doing it manually. This bike is so setup, it's almost unfair to do Iron Butts on it.
My uncle who is now 83 has had Goldwings dating back to my childhood. He's getting to the point where his health doesn't allow him to ride it much and the weight when standing is now getting to be too much for him, I heard he's put some type of training wheels on it so while at a stop sign or traffic light it can rest on the side until he takes off if needed. I guess I'm looking to pick up and carry on the torch for him lol. I really dig the new Goldwings that seemed to have been trimmed down somewhat.

Last edited:
Back