I'm Looking Forward To The WSBK Opener

When is it? Dont know...I havent followed up with it! Been mad busy! Hislop on a bmw, Crutchlow and Laverty on a yamaha, and Nori on a aprilia..... What else did I miss?

Anyone want to make predictions?

Alright, don't make me go look it up! Share the opener date! :please:

I'm excited as well.

I have always enjoyed watching Mad Max Biaggi. His style, determination, skill and take no prisoners attitude makes him special.

However, after last season Danny Eslick may have bumped Max for the number one spot for most entertaining rider.

As far as WSBK, it will be interesting to see how the cream reaches the top! :cheerleader:

As a last minute wild card entry, the winner will be ME!!! :cheerleader:

... sorry, but no autograph's at this time. :cool:

DM_17660.jpg

As fars as predictions.... who knows, but I expect this year to be pretty wild.

That BMW S 1000 RR is a serious-ass machine, and the riders are well-known - Troy Corser, Leon Haslam and James Toseland.

WSBK-S1000RR-Testing-Phillip-Island.jpg

Got some good speakers on you computer? Then CRANK THEM UP and listen to this exhaust note.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BMW S 1000 RR - superbike hot lap

Mighty, mighty sweet sounding.... :beerchug:

The above having been said.... the Yamaha contingent may surprise a lot of folks. Eugene Laverty is completely insane, and Marco Melandri brings a lot of MotoGP experience to the team this year.

Check out Marco Melandri's R1.... this is just pure, raw Road Sex.....

2011WSB_R1.jpg

2011WSB_R1_rhs.jpg

DAYUMN, check out this ginormous radiator!

2.jpg

3.jpg

There's 7 guys I really like watching. I think it's going to be Checa's year. Wouldn't it be ironic if he takes the Championship after Factory Ducati has pulled out.

I've gotta think Haslam is going to be nipping at his heals, Rea in the mix, Max and Lascorz right in there too. I like Laverty as well, but don't expect him to get comfortable till mid season. Guintoli can be a factor if he gets some consistancy going, Fabrizio lucky to get a ride, though on a poorly supported team.

Corser, Haga will get a few podiums. Xaus, Toseland and Sykes----also rans. Melandri, Smrz and Camier are going too be inconsistant to challenge for the top 3 by the end of the season.

My prediction this weekend? Checa wins both races by several seconds. Haslam and Rea wll split second place. Lascorz and Guintoli will both get a foot on the lowest step of the podium. Max forth both races. Kento-----DNF :rofl:

Eslick?? I rooted for him for the past couple of seasons. My opinion got tainted over his antics in last year's season finale. Hope he can mature and move out of the AMA.

Ok, I think Checa is a strong front runner for Phillip Island, he might finally have that Ducati dialed in and it's a good Ducati track.
I want to say Jonathan Rea is a good bet but after the wreck he had during pole, and the injury to his left wrist and ring finger, it'll probably be a bit tough for him.
Biaggi is always a frickin competitor unless he gets injured this year and I'm really hoping Haga shows up with the same fire he left with last season.

I bet it's going down 1. Checa 2. Biaggi 3. Rea or Haslam(if they can get the Beamer to actually last the whole race:laugh:)

The above having been said.... the Yamaha contingent may surprise a lot of folks. Eugene Laverty is completely insane, and Marco Melandri brings a lot of MotoGP experience to the team this year.

Check out Marco Melandri's R1.... this is just pure, raw Road Sex.....

2011WSB_R1.jpg

2011WSB_R1_rhs.jpg

DAYUMN, check out this ginormous radiator!

2.jpg

3.jpg

:drool: mmmmmm

I'm predicting a Checa double to open the season. Max will definitly be a contender, but Carlos looks to be the only one really comfortable at the Island so far.
Need to see who comes out on top in Superpole tomorrow. If it's Checa, I'd say the race will be for second place.

wow, the WSBK season opener, those guys put on a great show/race. I gotta go with Laverty, but just because last several years I've become a R1 fan, the bmw's do have some issues makin it to the end, other wise I'd go with Haslem. All in all, its always a great sign when the road race season begins..... wont be long,most of us will be burning up the corners too!
Posted via Mobile Device

I just hope I get to watch it... A sure signal that the winter is over and the staRt of a new riding season!!

Biaggi, definitely. Checa a close second.

Hasland, Corser, Toseland (BMW) will run well at the beginning, then fade like they did all last year.

I predict a SHORT guy from Italy, riding a Bike from Italy (which starts with an "A") will WIN :cheerleader:

Race 1 - Checa, Biaggi, Haslam. Not a Suziki on the grid (they had better get with it).

Ducati, Yamaha, BMW. Checa Nailed it with no competition. The real race was for third.

So much for the new Kawi's...

Waiting to watch the 2nd Race tomorrow night...thought I'd bump this thread...

Back