I'm liking the new Pope.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
What about you?

Pope washes feet of young detainees in Holy Thursday ritual - World News

Vatican prints 4000 tickets to an event normally held in the Basilica.
Gives 2000 of them out and then he says 'nope, we are going to a juvenile detention facility where I will have it.'

It's about the symbolism of the act that gives me hope. Not only did he wash and kiss the feet of males but he also did so for two women, one of which was a Muslim. Why is this important? It is because the tradition of washing the feet comes from the disciples who were all male. Pope Francis chose to include women for the first time in memory. He also chose to wash and kiss the feet of juvenile criminals which is a great symbolic act. He himself a pure adult by washing and kissing the feet of young criminals is to some seen as apologizing for the crimes against the youth members of the church have committed like pedophilia. And lastly he washed and kissed the feet of a Muslim. An act seen by many as an effort to bring peace between the religions.
Hopefully he will soon begin an effort to clean up the church and make things right.

Nice job Pope Francis. :thumbsup: :bowdown:

i think there are going to be quite a few changes...i was talking to one of my co-workers last night who is Catholic about this one supposedly being the last Pope before the Anti-Christ linky...she said their parish priest mentioned that they are expecting some sweeping changes in the Church soon

The guy has refused to ride in papal limo instead choosing a vw.
He has chosen to live in an apt instead of papal quarters on site.
He opted for a gold plated silver ring instead of solid gold.
These are same things he did in Argentina for yrs so it is really him and not just some show.

I'm not christian or religious but everyone I have talked to seems excited about him. I guess this time he washed women's feet which normally its all dudes. Talk about living on the edge!

The guy has refused to ride in papal limo instead choosing a vw.
He has chosen to live in an apt instead of papal quarters on site.
He opted for a gold plated silver ring instead of solid gold.
These are same things he did in Argentina for yrs so it is really him and not just some show.

I agree with you. I'm just counting on him to clean-up the mess in the church that was left for him. With the washing of the women's feet, that was a step in the right direction.

Just as in any large group of people, some are bad, but many are not. I'm not Catholic, but my wife's parrish priest is a fine man.

Just as in any large group of people, some are bad, but many are not. I'm not Catholic, but my wife's parrish priest is a fine man.

Within any large group you will have a few bad apples. Boy Scouts. Police. And how about the Dentist who wasn't sanitizing his equipment and exposed people to hepatitis b, c, and hiv. One person already tested positive for hiv, thousands more still being tested. I'll never see a Dentist again, they're all bad.??? :whistle:

Dentist exposes 7,000 patients to HIV and hepatitis

Back