I'm in the market for some boots...

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
I was think sidi or alpinestar but wanted to get some feedback from some of you guys... So if you have a favorite brand/model let me know.. I'm getting tired of looking like a half assed power ranger in my leathers and Icon motorheads...
E

Sidi Vertigo
beerchug.gif

869657413002cb2e9cc5eada071d0e5e_rough.jpg

I just bought some Alpinestar smx-4's I think? Seem great only I have only warn them once so far. Purchased them new from a local store for $175

i have been looking at the sidi's and at these:
oxtar boots

we have tried group buys on both...the oxtars didn't raise enough interest and the sidi's thread disappeared from the group buy section a couple days ago

+1 on the Sidi Vertigos - draw backs are they are a little flashy for street riding (look sort of like moon boots) and are expensive. Mine are blue silver and red, and I get a few stares when I am walking through the mall...

Go with a real boot and not a stunt shoe like I first bought.

Far more protection and comfort.

(MC MUSTANG @ Oct. 01 2006,16:42)
Now Shawn you know that wearing full gear anywhere but the track will get you a funny look.

The sidi boots are on my list.

(Altec @ Oct. 01 2006,16:45)
ks-waterbug said he didn't have anything to do with the removal of that thread and i have pm'ed StreetnTrack to see if we can find out what happened

Have a pair of SIDIs and think they are great. Also have a pair of ICONs that I wear for a more casual look.

My Alpinestar SMX-R's are GREAT but a little pricey at $259. I have the perforated version and they make an enormous difference in hot weather. With thin Coolmax socks I can actually feel wind blowing across my toes while I'm riding! Anybody who has peeled off sweat-soaked boots and socks after a ride will appreciate what a miracle cool feet are!

These are mine-

Something worth checking out is the Setup brand which is owned by parent company Sidi. Look like good boots but entry-level as far as pricing at $129.

Good-looking boots.

You guys are great! Thanks for the input... think I am gonna go with sidi vertigo... I will pm you street. Gotta go and try some on to get the size right.
Thanks all!

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 01 2006,13:03)
Ditto.

I don't have the Vertigos but I love the ones I do have! (Yeah, I've forgotten which daym model I bought!)

Get them from newenough.com. You'll be glad of it.

--Wag--

what size you wear? I have a pair of Sidi Veritgo tepor (waterproof version) in size 13 laying around I will sale.

Back