I'm in the market for some boots...

To big for me... I'm gonna go out today and try some on and get an accurate sizing reference.

Sidi make numerous different models of boots. Take a look at some of their others. I want a pair of the Vertigo Tepors but not right now. If you want a great boot but still want to be able to wear them in a casual setting try Bates. I have a set of Bates Sport Racers that I bought almost 20years ago and still ride with Daily! These guys know how to build stuff to last! I may get some new boots but I will never part with these babies!

(wizeguy @ Oct. 02 2006,15:13) I don't own a pair but I have heard that   will increase the confidence in your lean angle.these
Uh OH, I'm telling Chris (Mrninja) you stole his shoes!

smile.gif

Hello all,
As someone who owns both sidi and oxstar I'd say go with the oxstar. They are both great boots but the oxstar seem more comfortable on longer rides. The sidi does get the nod when walking around after long rides, though. (The oxstar feel like downhill ski boots when walking around in.lol)

Check out the boots available at newenough.com. Great people to do business with and their prices are low and customer service second to none.

Jessup,
It looks by your post that you've made up your mind. My only words of advice are:

Don't get any boots where the main thing that keeps the flaps together is velcro. I bought some low-end (lowest-end) Alpinestars, and the velcro wears out very quickly. My next set of Alpinestars are fantastic (SMX somethings).

Good luck with the Sidi's. I've heard good things about 'em.

Back