I'm HOOKED!!

For all those who have never done a trackday, listen to Ozz.  His story is exactly the same everytime someone hits the track for the first time.

Trust us, find a way to try it.  Just do it!

i know it was my first track day so im not sure im qualified to give much imput on tires but with the Qualifiers on my bike i felt confident i slide around a few times but once was because i gave to much throttle and the rear stepped out about a foot and half but was easy to gather it back up the track was real bumpy in sections to and on a lean it was a little creepy feeling a few times one guy went down right in front of me and i thought hope im not next but all went smooth thru my line and the Q's felt confident got that guy on video as i went by

Here's some more pics...no particular order

MF1A3129.JPG

Trackdays rule!
Trackdays rule!
trackdays rule!
Thanks for the write up and the pics. Glad you had a good time.

You Guys ROCK
super.gif
Saving up for some NEW RUBBER and trying to Get a New MOTORCYCLE SUIT. Hopefully I can do this in August !!!
please.gif

OZZ, Where is that Video ?

I stopped by a shop that does track days in New Hampshire and got the info so I can do one of their days in July or August. I couldn't stand just reading these posts anymore and had to get involved! I can't wait to do this. I hope I don't chicken out. It feels kind of intimidating the first time.

You Guys ROCK  
super.gif
 Saving up for some NEW RUBBER and trying to Get a New MOTORCYCLE SUIT. Hopefully I can do this in August !!!    
please.gif

OZZ, Where is that Video ?
im really trying to get that vid up i just got home from working on it over at my folks but couldent get it finished but will have some vid this week sorry for the delay on it im very lame at computers
face7.gif
laugh.gif

I stopped by a shop that does track days in New Hampshire and got the info so I can do one of their days in July or August. I couldn't stand just reading these posts anymore and had to get involved! I can't wait to do this. I hope I don't chicken out. It feels kind of intimidating the first time.
do it you wont be sorry i promise
race.gif
smile.gif

I'll admit, I was SHAKING internally, lined up at starting gate for my first time on the track.... thinking: will I wreck, will I die, will I piss myself, will I suck, does everyone here see me shaking, will I have any fun? Then after launching and getting a feel about halfway around the first low speed lap... it was: "Oh yeah! this is gonna be FUN in a go-kart sort of way" I suddenly felt I was eating at the same table as Rossi! I maybe couldn't handle the same meal or wine as him, but there I was dining at the table... two wheels, race track, same situation.

And I FELT more from my bike - got SO INTIMATE SO QUICKLY - than I EVER felt in my 4 years of riding her. You learn so much and it applies on the streets SO WELL. Ok enough gushing! I probably won't be making a track day this year, so thanks for letting me coat tail onto the emotions of yours!
biggrin.gif

I was a lot of things as well not sure if i could hang with these track guys but i figured heck i been hitting the canyons for many moons but still its a different element of riding i have never been in Raydog helped me alot convincing me i could do well, him and me have done some very fast aggressive canyon runs so he was sure i could go B group first time out i still wanted to start in C group cause i still wasnt sure about myself but after the first session i knew i could go to B group and my confidence grew what really helped me was just learning the course and where to apply brakes and where to get off the brakes, you know, just learning the lines and all by the end of the day my riding had picked up i was feeling very good about what i was doing i even found a place that worked really good for me to pass the slower guys in B group and was able to pick off a number of riders on that section yep, i was feeling like Rossi there for a minute!
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

I am a Little Intimidated by These TRACK DAYS. In ALL HONESTY I am Not SURE How Good of a Rider I Really am.  
dunno.gif
I Understand Riding the Street is Nothing Like a Real Motorcycle Track. I just Hope I can at Least Keep up with the "C" Group.  
sad.gif

Back