I'M HERE TO TALK ABOUT IT!!!

launchmaster

Registered
Well people, looks like i'm done for the season, but I'm here to talk about it. Went to Midnight Maddness at MIR in Budds Creek, MD. It came down to eliminations and I got down to the final four. I never thought that something like this would ever happen to anyone more less me. I'm doing my burnout, getting my head together and getting pumped up. Now come my dry-hop. Oh yeah, she's ready to go.. I prestage, get my rpm's up to 7500. Stage and the tree falls. Oh yeah, I'm gone, damn I can launch.. Hittin' the button to shift right at 11,000. bout to hit the finish line when........My face shield foggs up to the point of being blind. I can't see nothing!!!! I let off the throttle when BAM!!!! I hit the wall......Now I'm hanging half way off the bike, hold on for dear life....BAM!!! I hit the wall again and it knocks me back onto the bike...As soon as I'm back onto the bike, my face shield clears up like as if nothing happens. People, I hit the wall at 138mph with a 9.77 et and didn't go down but I'm bruised and sore. But I'm here letting you know what happened to me...... I just wanted to share this with everyone and just say if you have any doubt about God and miracles,, you're wrong!!!!!!

Mr. Brown, I'm glad you brought that up about the bike. After slammin' in the wall twice and my leathers being ripped up... when I looked the bike over the only thing that broke on the bike was the stator cover and that's it,, not even a scratch on the plastics...

(launchmaster @ Oct. 16 2006,08:18) Mr. Brown, I'm glad you brought that up about the bike.  After slammin' in the wall twice and my leathers being ripped up... when I looked the bike over the only thing that broke on the bike was the stator cover and that's it,, not even a scratch on the plastics...
That's a good deal, sounds like you were lucky all round!

I just wanted to share this with everyone and just say if you have any doubt about God and miracles,, you're wrong!!!!!!

a wise man you are indeed.

I believe in luck when somethings happen. But on this, it wasn't luck, I was blessed. My accident happened after midnight so it was the 14th of October. My man that died on my bike 3 years ago birthday is the 14th. Plus, the leathers that I was wearing, were his.. So luck didn't have anything to do with this,,

(launchmaster @ Oct. 16 2006,08:28) I believe in luck when somethings happen. But on this, it wasn't luck, I was blessed.  My accident happened after midnight so it was the 14th of October. My man that died on my bike 3 years ago birthday is the 14th.  Plus, the leathers that I was wearing, were his.. So luck didn't have anything to do with this,,
I hear ya!

I'm very thankful,, the track officials stated that they never seen someone on a bike hit the wall the way that I did and walk away from it....

I’m glad you made it though with little damage to the bike. More importantly, with minimal damage to yourself. Kind of proves your Guardian Angel can fly at 138+

I’m racing this weekend in our series finals. I’ve had fogging problems on the line before but never while moving. I’ll pay a bit more attention to it.

and you know this.. Yeah, I've had problems before with the fogging but that was on the line before I went down the track.. But when I get going down the track it clears right on up for the rest of the race... Nothing like this with the fogging has ever happened to me before

wow the big guy in the sky was holding your hand through this.. awsome to hear your ok.
SHOCKED.gif

Glad you are okay! I saw a guy hit BOTH walls at Prostar Valdosta in Mar of this year. Scary stuff for sure!

Back