I'm headed to the Sandbox

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
Been a while since I posted, but I figured my friends over here would like to know this.

Well...got the call tonight that I really wasn't expecting. My name came up on a list for mobilazation in the near future. Can't really divulge exactly when.

I rejoined the Naval Reserves in June to finish up my time for retirement. I've only got 6 years left (12 active/2 reserves). I joined up with a SeaBee unit, and found out they were already deployed in Iraq, and most are back home now. I figured I would have at least a year or two before I had to go, but the military sends you where you're needed.

I've been cross-assigned to another unit, and should be deploying to the sandbox in a few months. At least I've got a fair amount of notice.

Dam..now I've got to make a list of EVERYTHING that needs to be done before I go. I've got to do all the stuff I've been putting off. That's a lot of ****.
mad.gif

So much for next years NESBA track season.

good luck stkr. I'll be heading over there in January. Enjoy the time you have with your family!!

Thanks everybody
cool.gif
Thank for the support.

It's starting to sink in now. Now I'm trying to figure out how to minimize the impact of this on my family. There's a ton of day-day stuff that's got to be addressed. At least we've got a few months to plan all of this out.

Be careful over there and remain alert. If something doesn't seem right go around it. I've been there twice so far and don't relish the thought of going back. But I know it's just a matter of time. Just be very careful and good luck.

Back