I'm having 2nd thoughts about...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
running with a vidcam...or even riding with anyone else running a vidcam....as i never thought about it being used as.....

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_3071.aspx

"evidence"
wow.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I've thought about setting up a cam acouple of times but then thought better of it. Figured I'd feel pretty foolish get nailed by my own tape. I'm with you on this one.

i figure there isn't any sense in making their job any easier for them...even if you just got caught for speeding, they might could impound your recorder for evidence, not sure but don't want to find out the hard way
down.gif

It's not too bad. Use a camera that records all your footage on a flash card, you get pulled over and you know there is incriminating evidence? Just delete.

BUT, I have serious doubts about the legality of a video being used in court against you. Just doesn't seem like the LEO would have ANY legal reason for grabbing, viewing or confiscating your camera. It's none of their damn business.

Just like an officer at the door, No you cannot come in, no I have nothing to say. Or better, just do not answer the door.
smile.gif

Or possibly don't aim the camera to catch your speed. Seems fairly simple.
Hell that's a simple solution.

Problem is that then you don't get the bragging rights, which I think is part of the reason many folks put a digicam on their in the first place.

Same rules as a bachelor party

NO CAMERAS

if its not on film, I didn't do it
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

no speedo till they see bikes flyin past cars at twice the speed , i am sure they dont need your speedo in the video to guestimate your speed within 3mph???

Better yet! Don't ride like an ass and you won't have a problem. Save that crap for the track. Put other folks in danger who have assumed the same risk as you not the general public.

i love how all the speeds are given in kilometres per hour...woohoo, they're goin 160kph...thats like 100mph...still fast, but sounds a lot less deadly than 160, and the 248 quote is even more exaggerated...fuggrs.
sad.gif

Ever seen that video where the girl on the bike video taped that car pulling out in front of her and causing her accident? Helped her out in court.

Back