I'm convinced...

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I'm convinced that most of what I think is engine noise is my chain & sprokets. I have an '02 with 7500 almost 7600 miles on it. Just when I think it couldn';t be running sweeter I hear weird engine noises. It pulls like a mofo, no loss of preformance. I did the oil 800 miles ago, syn blend & new plugs. What could it be? Then I noticed that my chain had a little bit more slack then I like to have. I lube it every 150 mi whether it needs it or not. I adjusted the chain and viola! Engine noise gone. It really sounded like a valve or lifter or maybe an exhaust leak. Strange to the point that I started to worry and considered getting it looked at. Oh well mystery solved...until next time

I have pretty much the same thing. Same mileage and everything.

I just -clean- (clean, clean, clean) my chain and lube it and the noise SEEMS to go away, but it's so hard to hear over my intake that it's hard to tell.

Everyone at my shop (we're bike mechanics) agrees that sportbikes make a lot of noises and we should just be glad it's still making the most important one (vroom)

KISS indeed!

FIDO CM!

super.gif

I'm a fanatic about keeping my chain clean and lubed. My busa has almost 25K on it with the stock chain and sprokets.

Just my 2 cents but don't forget to remove the front sprocket cover and clean up front too.

Back