I'm back on a Busa!

SKnight

Registered
Hey folks just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back on a Hayabusa! A 2011 model to be exact. Long and short, had a 2006 model that went walkabout in Sept of 2009. Oct 2009 I bought one of the fire sale Buells, well decided that it was an unreliable POS and had decided to sell it this spring. As fate would have it I went into a local dealer to shop for an offroad chest protector and noticed a 2011 in the used bikes section. Interest piqued I checked it out. Brand new, tipped over during a customer appreciation day. A little wheeling and dealing later they traded me out of my Buell and onto the Busa! Funny thing is I never even made it to the offroad section!

And since this is worthless without pics, here she is!

IMG8098-L.jpg

You sound like Busawhipped. Went into the dealer for new tires for the Intruder and came out with a brand new 05 Hayabusa!!! :laugh: Enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

Why was your buell a pos? Was it the 1125r ?
I'm the "Ride 125 miles one way to the twisties then ride home" type, 550+ mile days weren't uncommon. Well the 1125, while a fine machine and exceptional handler simply wasn't to be trusted anymore. Eight warranty repairs in the first year to the best of my memory. Once I decided I couldn't trust it I didn't ride much. Plus you hear about engines popping, charging system inadequacies, etc. What broke the back was two days out of warranty the water pump started to leak. HD refused to fix it. Two mutha lovin days out of warranty and they declined the claim.

And there were design flaws, the fuel in frame seems like a good idea until the exhaust heats the fuel to boiling, then when you stop it smells like a refinery for ten minutes. Just problems like that. I'd love to have one for a track bike but just didn't trust it. I did a SS1000 on it not terribly long after I got it, when I think of that it makes me shudder, I'd have never taken it had I known.

Thanks for the rewelcome folks!

:welcome: back, it's been a while since i've seen your name pop up :beerchug: congrats on the new ride!

Welcome back, love the white and black '11's. The decal color really makes that bike for me :thumbsup:

Back