I'm at a loss...

Mrtwisty

Registered
Seems a bit rude, making my first post a cry for help, but here goes anyway!

My Busa's been laid up with a fuel issue for about 6 weeks now. The original fault code was C41, so I've replaced the FP relay, rewired some ropey looking areas of the loom, replaced the fuel pump, fuel lines, fresh petrol, injector cleaner, the lot. Tried it today and got codes C31,32,33,34 and C41. :banghead:

I don't know what to do next. there's power everywhere, the fuel pump is pushing petrol through at the right pressure, all the vacuum lines are connected up correctly, I just can't work this out :confused2:. You gentlemen across the pond seem to have a hell of a lot of answers and a vast amount of knowledge in how to fix Busa's, so does anyone have any ideas? :please:

And your 100% sure the fuel pump is coming on?

99 busa with FI code c41 fuel pump/relay problem

I have also seen bad tip over sensors cause the injectors not to pulse.

Yep. I've even measured the fuel pressure at the pressure check bolt so it's definitely working. I'll try the tip over sensor, no chance to work on it now until probably next weekend. :(

Edit: Oh, and thanks!

:welcome: to the board...there aren't very many things that someone hasn't seen after all these years, hopefully they'll cross this thread and get you pointed in the right direction :beerchug:

The tip over sensor should not cause a code. I am not home at the moment to check the fault codes you are seeing.

double check all the wiring...for some reason the ECU can't see the injectors or the fuel relay.....possibly a bad common earth/negative.
Physically check continuity from the injector plugs to the ECU multiplugs

Double check the wiring you did and make sure the battery connections and grounds are solid

do you have a power commander on the bike? maybe try disconnecting that to begin with...

what is the bike doing exactly besides throwing codes? does it run?

do you have a power commander on the bike? maybe try disconnecting that to begin with...

what is the bike doing exactly besides throwing codes? does it run?

Sorry I've not replied before, been working

It won't run. Initially it died between 3k and 4k, it was unrideable. Now it just won't start. I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow and I think the first thing is to strip the fuel pump and make sure I didn't **** up putting that on, next step is the wiring.

I'm going to start at the last thing I did and work backwards. Once I've eliminated anything I've done, I'll start looking at other bits.

I'm learning lots, anyway! And the Busa is a lot easier to work on that my last bike. It only takes ten minutes to get all of the bodywork off. Amazing!

I think the c31-34 are for each cylinder and its showing no signal at fuel injector or bad injector. since there was a wiring issue im guessing its no signal

Hi, just seen your post, codes are:- C31, gear position sensor, engine will run but signal stuck in 6th gear, C32, no. 1 cylinder fuel injector, engine will run, C33, no.2 fuel injector, engine will run, C34, no.3, fuel injector, engine will run, C41, fuel pump control system, engine will not run.

Seems a bit rude, making my first post a cry for help, but here goes anyway!

My Busa's been laid up with a fuel issue for about 6 weeks now. The original fault code was C41, so I've replaced the FP relay, rewired some ropey looking areas of the loom, replaced the fuel pump, fuel lines, fresh petrol, injector cleaner, the lot. Tried it today and got codes C31,32,33,34 and C41. :banghead:

I don't know what to do next. there's power everywhere, the fuel pump is pushing petrol through at the right pressure, all the vacuum lines are connected up correctly, I just can't work this out :confused2:. You gentlemen across the pond seem to have a hell of a lot of answers and a vast amount of knowledge in how to fix Busa's, so does anyone have any ideas? :please:

A guy i know had similar problems, it was his fuel pump in ther end, i found the plugs were dry but we had a spark, so no fuel, he also thought it might be the tip sensor but that wasnt the case.
Sorry I've not replied before, been working

It won't run. Initially it died between 3k and 4k, it was unrideable. Now it just won't start. I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow and I think the first thing is to strip the fuel pump and make sure I didn't **** up putting that on, next step is the wiring.

I'm going to start at the last thing I did and work backwards. Once I've eliminated anything I've done, I'll start looking at other bits.

I'm learning lots, anyway! And the Busa is a lot easier to work on that my last bike. It only takes ten minutes to get all of the bodywork off. Amazing!

Sorry you're having such issues, but I wanted to pop in and say welcome to the oRg!

I hope you can get the problem resolved soon :thumbsup:

Also what year is your bike?, the early ones like mine 99-2002 had an external fuel pump housing with external regulator, with a vacuum pipe from the map sensor going to it, the pump is supposed to supply 43psi to the injector rail but i found my regulator was opening at 31psi, so i changed up to the pump in tank setup, there is a filter in the external pump housing types, that blocks up because the busas seem to suffer from rust in the tanks, this will clog up the pump filters.
Check for spark, take a plug out and check if plug is wet with fuel, check compressions between 150-180 seems servicable, check crankshaft position sensor (CKP), check fuel pump fuse (in fuse box under left hand plastic dash cover).

Back