I'm an addict - my confession

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
Yes, I am an addict: of crepes

I LOVE crepes. If I could eat crepes every day, I would. I can't help myself, I love their thin perfectly cooked little pancake wanna-be selves.

Ever since I visited France in 1999 I can't get enough. Crepes-a-Go-Go in Berkeley has a seat named in my honor.

The problem is this: Berkeley is too far away for me to go whenever I get the craving. I need to feed the beast within and I need it like, NOW.

Thank goodness I have a great wife. She decided it was time for an intervention and bought me this and it arrived today!

IMG_0160.jpg

It's a crepe grill like the pro's use. It also came with the wooden tools necessary to do a proper crepe.

Now I can make crepes anytime I want and it is soooooo much cheaper!

You may be saying to yourself, "self, what is this crepe he's going on about?" Lemme show you.

First you whip up the batter (if you want the recipe, IM me), then you ladel it onto the grill
IMG_0162.jpg

Then you flip it over, cook it a few seconds, then flip it back over and fill it with goodies. For a true classic, Nutella & Banana, mmmmmmm
IMG_0164.jpg

Then you fold it over, put on a plate, and CHOW DOWN!
IMG_0165.jpg

My first ones weren't perfect. The last ones were but no pics cause she ate them as soon as I finished them.

If you get near my house and are hungry, feel free to call.

(p.s. I wish it would stop raining and being cold so I can ride again!)

Going to be in the 60's and sunny finally here in IL. Guess what I am going to be doing all day.:race: Or at until I run out of gas money.:rofl:

I eat the hell out of those in Bosnia.. They are popular all over Europe. Farther east they are called Palacsinta or Palacinke. They are served with eurocreme/nutella, marmalade, jam.. Sometimes you can get them for lunch filled with meat, cold cuts and cheese. Yummy!

You gotta be from California....we call em 'pancakes' here in the good ol South...

Last edited:
I haven't had a crepe in SOOOOOO long. Send some to Massachusetts will ya? :laugh:

Mon Dieu!

Crepes...the French version of a quesadilla! :rofl:

Nice! Bon Apetit.

Crepeaholic ... :laugh:

You gotta be from California....we call em 'pancakes' here in the good ol South...

Them thar's fightin words fella. I'm as southern fried as an Okie can get.
Why I oughta slap you into next week for that one :laugh:

The batter is similar but not identical. Crepes are very very thin whereas pancakes have some thickness to them. The taste is also very different.

Them thar's fightin words fella. I'm as southern fried as an Okie can get.
Why I oughta slap you into next week for that one :laugh:

The batter is similar but not identical. Crepes are very very thin whereas pancakes have some thickness to them. The taste is also very different.

I just couldn't help myself :laugh:

Looks really good, never heard of them till now.

Back