I'm 5'7", will the Busa fit?

RebelFZ6

Registered
Hey there! I have been riding for a while (current bike is an '05 FZ6) but have always been obsessed with the busa. I am test riding a '01 with 12k miles on Friday. My only concern is at 5'7", am I too short for this bike? I also ride a cruiser which is much heavier so I am not really worried about the weight. Any shorter Busa riders out there?

get the seat cut to your legs and it shouyld not be much of an issue. You want to be able to put both feet flat. Ideally... I've seen plenty of folks that cannot do that.

A buddy of mine is 5'3" and has always rode big bikes, he just slides off one side, look pretty funny until he smokes you of the line.:cool:

Well the seat height is just about 32 in so if your inseam is above 32 then you can touch the ground. The FZ6 is only .2 inches shorter.  To some people being able to put both feet on the ground at the same time isn't an issue.  Hope this helps.

<!--EDIT|si-lo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121943060 -->

I'm 5'8" and I had to toe it a little at the stop lights......but then I got me a Tobin especial (cut seat) and now all is right with the world!

I'm 5'6... 5'7 and I have no problems...

You'll have an advantage as far as wind protection goes... The OEM windscreen will actually be perfect for you i think. Me at 6'1, not only was the wind deflecting totally absent, it obstructed half my view of the instruments!!!

I think you'll be fine

You'll have an advantage as far as wind protection goes... The OEM windscreen will actually be perfect for you i think. Me at 6'1, not only was the wind deflecting totally absent, it obstructed half my view of the instruments!!!

I think you'll be fine
Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I'm kinda looking for the one-bike solution to my cruiser-commuter/sport delemma (its actually a pretty fun delemma, at that). Can the 'busa do it all? I certainly can't 2-up on my FZ-6.

GET-ER-DONE!
biggrin.gif

Sorry 'bout that.....I'm the resident redneck.

Welcome to the board!
tounge.gif

I'm 5' 7" (30" inseam) and I wouldn't change a thing about the Busa. Seat height and ergos are one of the main reasons I chose to purchase the bike. I can just about flat foot it at stop lights.
As far as sport bikes go, I think you'd have to look a long time to find something lower.

The Busa can do it all. Its a drag bike, sport bike, touring bike, and cruiser. I've owned a lot of bikes, and to me there isn't a better choice. Its my girlfriends favorite to ride on.
5'9" here, no problem.
Get the dogbones and lower the rear if you have to. No big deal. Wear BOOTS, not friggin' tennis shoes...

<!--EDIT|MeatGrinder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121960114 -->

I'm 5'9" and have the lowered seat but would do fine with the stock one!!!! I only weigh 130 and do just fine!!!! Go for it - you won't be sorry!!!

Meat Grinder is absolutely right, you'll be so happy with the BUSA. Mine is an 04 with 8000 miles. I'm 5'9'' and I been riding mine from Fort Worth to Houston several times without any problems.

The Busa can do it all. Its a drag bike, sport bike, touring bike, and cruiser. I've owned a lot of bikes, and to me there isn't a better choice. Its my girlfriends favorite to ride on.
5'9" here, no problem.
Get the dogbones and lower the rear if you have to. No big deal. Wear BOOTS, not friggin' tennis shoes...
Sweet. It will be fun to outrun other bikes WHILE riding 2-up. Tennis shoes? I think we all went through that phase until they melted.

I'm 5'7" and had my Busa lowered 2" in the front and 2" in the rear...no handling issues, only bottoms out if I forget to stand up over big speed bumps...

Add to that a custom cut Tobin seat and I'm LOW...I think the seat could have done enough to get me flat footed...

small_michelle7.jpg

Back