Illumigo gauges powering

Shaft

Registered
Hey guys, i got some guages, but wondering where should i wire it for power? Easiest and cleanest place?

thanks!

Just unplug the headlight power inlet, hook up the two wires from the new gauges along with the headlight wires at the plug - then just plug the power inlet again.

lurk.gif

ok cool! sorry forgot to clarify, they are the illumiglo gauges. I haven't been online in a while.. I powered them through the fuse box, but it flickers.. sometimes it stays on, other times it just flickers.. is there not 12V at the fuses? I'lll try the headlight next.. which wire is positive and negative at the headlight?

Just match the black wire - the other has no choice but to go for the black/white wire, doesn't matter that it is red for the illumiglo gauges (at least mine were, from streetracingparts.com)

(Shaft @ Sep. 11 2007,11:22) ok cool! sorry forgot to clarify, they are the illumiglo gauges.  I haven't been online in a while.. I powered them through the fuse box, but it flickers.. sometimes it stays on, other times it just flickers.. is there not 12V at the fuses?  I'lll try the headlight next.. which wire is positive and negative at the headlight?
Mine flicker at idle if my idle is set too low. Are you sure you have good connections at the power and the ground? Some times steady, sometime flickers sounds like a bad connection.

brown accessory wire right above your right turn signal. that's where i hooked mine to. No flickering either.

I just did mines last weekend. Took about an hour for complete installation. Mines came with a Red wire for power and white for ground. I hooked my red wire to the white wire coming off the headlight but near the connector near the fuse box. My ground I hooked that to a ground that I have rigged from a wire that is connected to a screw that screws into the frame. No flickering here.

102_0077.jpg

PLUGED MINE UP TO THE HEAD LIGHTS SO I DIDNT HAVE TO SPICE OR CUT IN TO ANY FACTORY WIRES, JUST UNDO THE TOP LIGHT WIRE , INSTALL GAUGE WIRES IN SMALL HOLES ON HEAD LIGHT PRONG AND THEN PUSH THE WIRES BACK OVER SIMPLE AND EASY TO REMOVE AS NEEDED

Back