illumiglo install

S

soapywang

Is it easier to just pull the needles off to install illumiglo red gauges? How easy do the needles come of? There are actually two faceplates, the illumiglo and the red w/Kanji. I don't want to screw it up by leaving the needles on because I don't know how much those plates can be bent. Should I put the red faces on the illum faces and put that on as one or should I do it one at a time? Can anyone who has put these on tell me how they did it? I did a search under illumiglo but nothing really came up. Thanks, Steve

the gauges should slip over the needles. they're pretty plyable, but don't man handle em to much

WOW That was just what I needed. Thanks. I was worried about the "bend issue" that the instructions said would fry the gauges but there was no other way to get the top dash cover on. I did it a little differently though. I poked out the top "breather" on the back side, removed all the plugs, fed the wires underneath the circuit board and out the back. They all ended up the same length and there seemed to be room between the board and back cover. I did it last night and if the storms let up I'm going to try them today. Thanks again, Steve:bowdown:

some pics

S5030569.jpg

S5030570.jpg

illumiglo xtras

does anyone from the metric nations want to trade there spare US faces for my spare 280 and 340 kmh? got a 220mph also

If you mean going off the acc. then yes. Thanks guys for the insight.

Back